Beretta APX

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Beretta APX

Post by Candyman »

Well I had the itch for a new handgun a few weeks ago and started looking. The Beretta APX cought my eye. I checked out a good many reviews and liked it even more. Stopped in at the local gun shop and put one in my hands and I really liked the way the gun with the medium backstrap felt in my hand.
So I did what any other red blooded American, with an itch, would do, I scratched that itch. Two days ago I had the shop order me the Beretta APX and a FDE fram.
I got a call today that the gun was in and picked it up on the way home.
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
I like the look of the black backstrap on the FDE frame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Greg

Re: Beretta APX

Post by Greg »

It's so ugly it's really cool. Don't know how to explain it.

How does it shoot?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

It looks like a Glock and an HundK had sexual relations
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Greg wrote:It's so ugly it's really cool. Don't know how to explain it.

How does it shoot?
So far I have only put 22 rounds through it. Nice to have a shooting room at work. It handles good and feels great in the hand. I have a hundred rounds of ammo in the car and will stop by Bass Pro on the way home to shoot on their range.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
randy

Post by randy »

Greg wrote:It's so ugly it's really cool.
I'll agree with half of that statement. :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Well, after a long day at work yesterday, I made it to Bass Pro.
I started with the medium backstrap then switched to the small. I found that I did better with the small.
I have to say, I really like the way this gun feels when shooting.
IMG_0577.JPG
The two groups on the bottom were shot using the small backstrap.
I only shoot 50 rounds, I was tired.
My older son was supposed the meet me at the Bass Pro, but he got tied up. I know that he is going to like shooting this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.