July 4th Sales Loot thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Steamforger

July 4th Sales Loot thread

Post by Steamforger »

I think I did well this year, hitting my limit early on.

I'd been wanting a RCBS Chargemaster for a while, and still do, though paying $300 for something I can do for $0.00, just a little slower, is a tough pill to swallow. Shopping around caused some "problems."

I did get in on the Midway 308 blem sale. They arrived a couple of days ago and I strongly suspect them to be Hornady Z Max bullets. Aside from the occasional ding, I wouldn't be upset if there were sold as new. They were repackaged in a Midway USA box. Got 200.

Primary Arms had some great sales recently. Lower Parts Kit for $30. Magpul 2 Point Sling for $44. Magpul QD Swivel for $13. I also picked up some knick knacky parts to finish up a couple of projects. Buffer tubes, buffer, pins and the like.

Unfortunately, I also came across Sig P226 LEO trade ins at Aim Surplus. I got a "select" for $399 with a handpick option for $10. $424 total with shipping. There'll be some incidentals on my end like a transfer fee and WA tax, but I think it's still a screaming deal.

My SD PDW "not a stock" came in this week as well. I've been wanting to SBR a short AR for a while and think I'm happy enough with this that I wouldn't bother. Now, the Thorsden Cheek Rest can go onto another lower (another project....) I'm running out of room in the safe.

Others I considered?
PSA has a screaming deal on a complete M4. I'm still not entirely willing to trust them, but that'd be a tough one to pass on if I were in the market to buy a complete rifle. A close second was this builders kit. They sell that SPARC for $200 by itself.

How about the rest of you? Any good deals?
Last edited by Steamforger on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg

Re: July 4th Sales Loot thread

Post by Greg »

I went to the Chesterfield Gander Mountain yesterday, just to look.

No wonder they went TU. Their prices are preposterous. Even in the midst of a bankruptcy clearance sale, their gun and ammo prices still are.

I did pick up a decent North Face coat for half off, and some replacement hinges for an Igloo marine cooler (we have two of them, one with a broken hinge and it was easier than ordering them from Amazon).
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

My first time in a Gander was in Mid-MI. I saw nothing but bolties and shotguns. I asked about modern sporting rifles and was told "Gander Mountain doesn't sell "kill your neighbor" guns."

Thanks shithead. That's probably why you work the counter at GM.

Incidentally, someone over there got the message and black rifles showed up in force shortly thereafter. I never used them for anything other than fishing gear or duckcalls though.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I had plans...then I had a tire shred. Limped in (it was a run-flat), had to replace three tires. Ouch. :(
evan price

Post by evan price »

Nib Schlage Everest mortise cylinder with two keys
2 used Medeco Biaxial 6-pin cylinders with keys
LeFebure dual custody safe deposit box lock with keys
S&G dual custody safe deposit box lock with keys
Another small package from Sparrows lockpicks
4 pairs of my favorite Lucky 361 jeans from eBay
Nib pair of my favorite size13 Timberland boots from eBay
Electric fuel pumps for the demolition derby cars
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Landed in Fargo last night just as the sun was setting. Slept in a free state. Woke to the 4th of July.

Enjoyed "scouting" the hunting and fishing possibilities from the air. Stayed near the Gander Mountain. Think I'll give it a pass. Heading east today.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I just finished putting in a timber and paver patio with a walkway / steps around to the driveway and I am probably going to drop $1k this week on shrubs and mulch 'n stuff. So no bang bang stuff for me right now.

I want to get a new scope for the Mauser, but that will likely be next month.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Went to Libertycon last weekend, and spent a big chunk of my toy fund on stuff like books, t-shirts, books, artwork, books, and trivial stuff, like food and coffee. And did I mention books?

Went with The Darlin' Daughter, her two junior minions, and Senior Minion #1, who was attending her first sci-fi convention. A good time was had by all, and we're already getting ready for next year!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Sold the Harley Electra Glide. A portion of that went to buy a KTM 530 exc-r. Its a 2008 and has been impeccably maintained. Holy shit that thing is effin fast. OMG level loads of fun. Will get it titled and insured for street use also next week. The rest of the sale money went into the 1969 Triumph Spitfire slush fund. There is now enough there to begin the complete frame off restoration that I have been planning for some time. July has been good to me thus far.....
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
randy

Post by randy »

New roof for the garage and some (hopefully) temporary meds that go for $85/14, so no boomy goodness.

The local GM never went Zumbo, but their prices on new was higher than just about everybody else in the area.

Did get fair price on Darlin' Daughter's first rifle (pink Chipmunk) when no one else locally had them. At the same time they had an AR-7 on the used table that also followed me home at a decent price.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".