School me on AR-15 Rifles

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
rightisright

Re: School me on AR-15 Rifles

Post by rightisright »

Darrell wrote: or one of the "tactical" 1-4x or 1-6x scopes.
I have been suitably impressed w. my Vortex Strike Eagle. At 1x, it is reasonably fast to acquire close targets. At 6x, the eye relief isn't the greatest, but it is very clear. Now, if I were a door-kicker(which I ain't), I would want a larger tube at 1X, like an Aimpoint PRO.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

rightisright wrote:
Darrell wrote: or one of the "tactical" 1-4x or 1-6x scopes.
I have been suitably impressed w. my Vortex Strike Eagle. At 1x, it is reasonably fast to acquire close targets. At 6x, the eye relief isn't the greatest, but it is very clear. Now, if I were a door-kicker(which I ain't), I would want a larger tube at 1X, like an Aimpoint PRO.
I have both the Aimpoint Pro, and the Strike Eagle 1-6x. I like them both. I believe the Strike Eagle is now coming out in a 1-8x version.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Jered

Post by Jered »

Meprolight M-21. I put one of those on my Tavor to make it twice as evil and give more money to the Zionist military-industrial complex to help oppress the pore'n'starvin Palestinians.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I thought all the cool kids were going to 1-8 power scopes now...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, when is the bumpsaw conversion going to start? :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Well, since they are Barbie dolls for grown men:

Wheeler Engineering Delta Series AR-15 Ultra Armorer's Kit
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

If it's a range gun, for use by anybody and everybody, I'd go KISS on any sights setup--keep the Magpul BUIS, or go with a metal rear sight, and maybe a durable red dot. Can you import Aimpoints or such from your usual US sources, or are they ITAR items?
Eppur si muove--Galileo