Caliber for Brown Bear? 9mm, of course

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Windy Wilson

Re: Caliber for Brown Bear? 9mm, of course

Post by Windy Wilson »

SoupOrMan wrote:I pity the first grizzly bear who dies after being shot with a .380... fired from a Hi-Point.
Imagine the humiliation Mama bear and Baby bear would go through, Papa bear giving up for such a minor caliber. 8-) :lol: 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

slowpoke wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:Bears have been taken with .22, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
It was a 22long, not even lr to boot wasn't it?
http://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/what-22 ... z4c0Vi3tc6
Heh, yup. That's the one I was thinking of.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

This place is mellowing. Last time someone mentioned (jokingly) .25ACP in a bear thread, the response was, "Yeah, .25 will hurt like hell when the bear shoves it up your ass." :lol:
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Denis

Post by Denis »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:This place is mellowing. Last time someone mentioned (jokingly) .25ACP in a bear thread, the response was, "Yeah, .25 will hurt like hell when the bear shoves it up your ass." :lol:
Ah, but that was before we issued the advisory to smear all .25 pistols liberally with Vaseline before entering bear country! Remember, if you shoot a bear with a .25 and the bear ever finds out, it will be angry...
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

The other expected response includes 5.56 out of a suppressed 12 inch barrel of an AR, with debarked chihuahuas as the dogs used to flush the bear from cover.

And tactical wheel barrows! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Rich

Post by Rich »

Isn't wheel barrows supposed to be wheelbarrows? (we need a smilie/smiley for grammar Nazi). :roll:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I once poked a bear in the ass with a toothpick and killed it. :mrgreen:
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Ed Wiseman

/thread
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Netpackrat wrote:Ed Wiseman

/thread
I remember when that happened here in Colorado. He killed that bear Tarzan style, stabbing it to death with an arrow while it was mauling him. He was a hero to many, and a devil to others. They tried to bring him up on charges for killing an endangered species. :roll: Wow, hard to believe he's over 80 now. There are rumors of there still being some grizz in the state, down in the Weminuche wilderness. The article mentions the last known grizzly in Colorado was in 1951; a boss I had in the high country back in the mid '70s once told me he knew of a mother and cub crossing the Divide from Summit County into Park County in the central mountains in 1963. A guy reported seeing a pair near the top of Independence Pass, east of Aspen, some years ago. A guy I worked with had a pic of what looked for all the world like a grizz near Lake City some years back. There have also been reports of grizzlies coming down into NW Colorado from Wyoming.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Darrell wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Ed Wiseman

/thread
There are rumors of there still being some grizz in the state, down in the Weminuche wilderness.
Entirely possible. DNA studies of bears in MO have shown that some of them are descendant from the original population even though everyone thought they had been wiped out.

https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-natu ... black-bear