When is ENOUGH, enough?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Weetabix

Re: When is ENOUGH, enough?

Post by Weetabix »

Candyman wrote:Well, I do have somewhere around 400 guns
I can't decide which wins out: hating you a little bit or wanting to be you. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Weetabix wrote:
Candyman wrote:Well, I do have somewhere around 400 guns
I can't decide which wins out: hating you a little bit or wanting to be you. ;)
Don't be me or like me, Be better. :lol:

Here is the lower for one of my upcoming builds.
173.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Cybrludite wrote:Nevah enuf dakka!
Moar Dakka!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
BDK

Post by BDK »

Candyman, that one should be a race gun.

Looks like you need some shorties, and long-distance ones, yet.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Back when I was and Ensign, I went out and bought a Savage 110 in 30-06, an NEF 12 gauge, a Savage .22 bolt action, scopes for both rifles. My night stand gun was a Browning High Power clone that my father had given me for my birthday. That was enough for what I wanted to do, and really I probably could have gone my whole life with those just fine more or less although I would have wanted more (and needs change - no concealed carry meant no need for a compact pistol, once I had the license I needed a smaller piece, etc.)

I have quite a bit more than that. There are a few others that "I need" in the sense there are specialties that would fit things I do better than what I have. Once I get finished with a couple of house projects then I will be filling those needs.

However, I am not a collector. I only buy stuff to fit a specific shooting need - and if I find that I do not shoot something, I do not keep it (exception being the .22 my father first gave me when I was 11 or something, not getting rid of that no matter what).

Even if one collects, the ones I know anyway, are buying stuff to fill some holes in the collection - no matter how narrow that hole may be. Even if just buying more of the same - if that floats your boat what the heck. I have a friend who collects Mausers. He is trying to get at least one of every variation of German made Mauser, from every plant that made it, for every year of production. I think he could outfit a Wehrmacht battalion, but WTF - it is his money.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

First Shirt wrote:As long as the floor joists aren't failing, you don't have too many. If the foundation is settling unevenly, you might want to rethink that, though.
Yea, but MOST of the weight is the AMMO!!!! That shiite weighs a LOT!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

308Mike wrote:Yea, but MOST of the weight is the AMMO!!!! That shiite weighs a LOT!!
As one who just recently moved, I can say yes, yes it does. Ow.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

First Shirt wrote:As long as the [strike]floor joists aren't failing[/strike] light isn't being bent, you don't have too many. If the [strike]foundation is settling unevenly[/strike] physical constants of the universe are shifting, you might want to rethink that, though.
Fixed it for you.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Most of y'all know that I collect surplus guns and 22s. I have pretty much filled my house with my toys.
I really don't look at my ARs as something I collect. I like building them and shooting them. I see them in two ways. Some are tools, some are just toys.
Out of all my ARs there are only three or four that I would not sell. The rest, if someone made me a good offer, they would be gone. I can always build another.
Now I have sold a few to fund another build. When I built the JACK, I sold another AR and used the money to buy the lower and the barrel.
The Hellbreaker lower build is still in the planning. I am thinking P40 Warhawk Flying Tiger.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.