New toys

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rod

New toys

Post by Rod »

Neighbor brought over some old guns his dad picked up in Mexico in the 50s. 3 Winchester 73s in .44 WCF, a model 92 in .44 WCF and a military version of the 1895 Winchester in .30 Military. He also bought over an 1859 Springfield with the Maynard primer assembly and an 1859 Remington (original) that had been reblued. Went from a 2 to 4 grand gun down to around 750. Finally, he brought over a 1914 Colt SAA in .38 LC, an 1899 Colt SAA in .38 WCF, and a strange gun, a Mexican backyard copy of a Colt SAA in .45 LC. It has to be an original gun since it had Col's Firearm Mfg behiind the front sight, and that's not a misprint on my part.
I did an appraisal on them for him and then sold them for him, he netted about 4 grand for them since he wanted a quick sale. Because I did it for fun and wouldn't take payment, he offered the 1899 Colt for 500 bucks. I thanked him profusely and paid. Had to replace the sear spring and buy ammo (50 bucks a box with shipping for bp loads). While at the gun show, I also picked up a really nice 1903A3 Springfield. Only thing wrong is a missing front sling swivel.
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1095.JPG
The gouges on the barrel are from some idiot trying to fix the sights. Looks like he used a pipe wrench.
IMG_1106.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rod

Re: New toys

Post by Rod »

IMG_1118.JPG
The pigsticker is mine found it at Anniston CMP
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Denis

Post by Denis »

Shiny. Nice bayonet!
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Ah hate yew. </yosemitesam>

I kid, I kid. Well done. :D
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Nothing better then new toys in the house.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.