Remington 870 Police Magnum

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Remington 870 Police Magnum

Post by Candyman »

When I got to work yesterday my coworker told me that his friend had a 870 Police Magnum shotgun that he wanted to sale. He said that it was in great shape and if he had the money he would have bought it.
I contacted the friend with the shotgun and he brought it over for me to look at. The gun was in the box and looked brand new. He said that he had only fired 12 rounds of buck shot in it. He had bought it just before the election and decided that he didn't need it any more. He said that he wanted $350 for it. I don't know about you, but I will buy a $550 shot gun for $350 on just about any day.

The guy told me that he did cut the toe on the recoil because it was snagging on his shirt.
I'll dress it up on my belt sander or pick up another pad.

I would say that this is my Christmas gift to myself, but I've already gotten myself so much. I'll just call it an upgrade to the home security system.
Last edited by randy on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
randy

Re: Remingtom 870 Police Magnum

Post by randy »

Ya know, there are days when I really just hate you. ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Re: Remington 870 Police Magnum

Post by Netpackrat »

I am pretty sure it wants to be an SBS. :twisted:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I'll bet the guy's incisors took a hell of a beating on that recoil pad........
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Throw an extended tube on that thing and call it done.
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:Throw an extended tube on that thing and call it done.
Yup.

Pretty wood, my 870 is synthetic.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

What makes it a police magnum?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

The Police Magnum comes with the short fore arm so the gun can be loaded or un loaded with the action open. It's a Wing Master with a park finish. 18" barrel with bead front sight. And it has Police Magnum engraved on the side of the gun. :D
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Weetabix wrote:What makes it a police magnum?
It's a great, reliable shotgun. The monicker however reminds me of the Polytech AK-47 "National Match Model". Really? Whose National Matches?
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Old Grafton wrote:
Weetabix wrote:What makes it a police magnum?
It's a great, reliable shotgun. The monicker however reminds me of the Polytech AK-47 "National Match Model". Really? Whose National Matches?
Well we all know that there a has never been a real AK-47 "National Match Model, but the Remington 870 has been carried by police departments for many years. Remington made the 870 Wingmaster for hunters, but they also made a version for police use. They called it the 870 Police. Later they made it in 3" magnum and called it the 870 Police Magnum.