Ruger SR22 versus "Mark" pistols

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rich Jordan

Ruger SR22 versus "Mark" pistols

Post by Rich Jordan »

Fortune favored and I won a Ruger SR22 in a raffle. I haven't seen the pistol yet, and don't know the specific model; it was one of many possible prizes.

I've got a 22/45 Mark 2 Target and have enjoyed it a lot (other than reassembly). I'll someday get another 1911 frame to get my Service Ace conversion kit running. I don't really need another .22 pistol (well, a revolver maybe...).

Does anyone have an SR22 and can comment on it? How does it compare to the Mark pistols (its obviously a cheaper line)? Is it a decent gun?

Thanks
Denis

Re: Ruger SR22 versus "Mark" pistols

Post by Denis »

Can't comment on the pistol, but lucky you! Happy shooting, and well wear. Looking forward to the range report.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I think the SR22 is ugly as homemade sin.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Mine is decently accurate, and very reliable, with anything I feed it. And it's a nifty little beater gun, that spends most of it's time in the truck console.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I like the one I just got and yes I had to overcome the beauty factor because it is my first polymer framed gun. This is the one I picked because I'm cheap and this one comes with the threaded barrel. That's handy because I am in the 9 month holding pattern with the atf regarding my spectre suppressor. That will require a weaker recoil spring if I expect to use it with the new CCI "Quiet" 710 fps ammo. That is some amazing stuff in Granpa's old pump action .22 - it already sounds like it's been suppressed! Anyway, is gun, is shoots, is reliable so far and I like.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.