Have I lost my mind?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Steamforger

Re: Have I lost my mind?

Post by Steamforger »

I really hope you got the price wrong on the Winchester 22. Wally World had the black Winchester 1000 rnd box yesterday for $50 and 555 packs of whitebox HP for $27.

I grabbed 2 of the 555.

Also have a new gas tube, gas block and AK handguard on the way. I had to stop there because I'm (hopefully) closing on Friday and that may suck a few thousand out of the old checking account.

If there's enough left over, I need to start looking for a solid, well-constructed 10x10x8 storage shed.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

What I bought was the Winchester 22lr HP 100 packs, not bulk. I picked up 10 packs. at $89.96 each. So with tax it was right at $98.
I have a lot of bulk ammo and buy more when I find it at good prices. I bought a bunch of the Winchester bulk ammo for around $16 a pack a while back, but it's not the same quality. The Winchester 100 packs have been selling for $10 to $14 when you can find them. I have a few rifles that this ammo shoots great in. I was down to just a few 100 rounds, but I'm good now.

Now it's time to keep an eye out for deals on 5.56 and 9mm ammo. But the sale prices on AR barrels are trying to get my money. I told Myself that three extra barrels were enough, but then Myself told Me and I that the barrels on sale had different contours.
Well got to go, Me just found a good deal on 15" hand rails at Jo Bob Outfitters, Myself is saying to buy two so, I need to keep them from spending all the money before I get more ammo.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Who makes a good military-style trigger for the AR? I got a strong recommendation for Rock River Arms', but I'm open to advice from you guys.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Giessele G2S. 2 stage trigger, 4.5 lbs.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Thanks, NPR!
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Steamforger wrote:I prefer to think of the mismatch as a "disruptive" pattern.

Kind of like how Navy aircraft on deployment end up being an assortment of greys because of weathering, repairs, re-paints, oils, smudges, etc.

That's the result of the corrosion control (airframe spot painting) program we implemented in the 80's. That's a clean bird, it would be wiped down with spray can foamy by the PC's and troubleshooting/safety chain crew during man up. "Don't just stand there waiting for the Air Boss to annouce the next launch cycle -- clean something."

That's the Nav for you. If moves salute it. If it doesn't move paint it, polish it or clean it.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I'm starting to loose track of all the AR parts that have been arriving the last two weeks. Yesterday I went by Aklys Defense and picked up some lowers that came in. Eight stripped Anderson and two complete PSA MOE. I'm waiting on my Tennessee Arms FDE lower to come in, should have it next week. I don't think I will order any more lowers until next year. :D
May give some of these lowers as Christmas gifts.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.