Building a T-Rex

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Re: Building a T-Rex

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:A small arms project.
Urrrrrrggggghhhhh[/Lurch]
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

slowpoke wrote:Am i the only one who came in here looking for a 577 t-rex build?
No. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Chuck really loves this little rifle. He said it shoots great and is very easy to deploy from a vehicle.
But I do have some bad news. Chuck started chemo the other week and he's been pretty tired. He has still been coming in to work at the lab. This past Monday Chuck started having a few problems. While shooting the bull on topics in the office Chuck couldn't seem to fins a word he was trying to say. On Tuesday he had a hard time ordering lunch and ended up telling me that he wanted what he had the last time. He was also having trouble writing reports, he couldn't type the words he wanted. Chuck called his Dr. Thursday and got an appointment for yesterday. He told me that he didn't think that he would be able to come back to work.
I'm still waiting to hear how he's doing. Chuck is more then a friend to me, he's more like a big brother, but shorter.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Damn, that sucks! Please give him our best wishes, and let him know that we're sending prayers and good thoughts his way.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Update:
Bad news. Chuck went to Huston and they found that the Tumor was growing again. They cut him open again and removed as much as they could. He was doing good retaining 100% of his motor skills, but lost about 10% of his speech. He came by the LAB a few times to have lunch with us. He sometimes can't find the words he is trying to say or gets some mixed up. About 3 weeks ago the Doctors told him that they wanted to cut him open again, but this time there was an 80% chance that he would loose the ability to speak. The doctor told him that the surgery would most likely give him a few more months. Chuck said that he didn't want to live like that. The Doctor said without surgery he had about 6 to 8 weeks.
Chuck came by work and gave us the sad news, had lunch, cleaned out his work area and said good-by.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

My condolences :(
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

slowpoke wrote:Am i the only one who came in here looking for a 577 t-rex build?
Nice AR build and may he enjoy it for years to come.
Not at all. I would have loved to see how that design would reduce the recoil with such a stout cartridge! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

So sorry to hear about his cancer, we're sending well wishes and prayers his way. :shock: :cry:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Precision

Post by Precision »

that makes me cry. I think you all know why.

I really hate crying, but I HATE cancer so much more.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

My friend passed away the other night. I used the name Chuck , but his real name was Steve Campbell. He was one of a kind and it was an honor to call him my friend.
Steve was a straight shooter. If the truth hurts, so be it because, that is all that you would get from him. He was quick witted and had a way with words.
His grand son had a malfunction while shooting his Colt AR one day. As Steve was clearing it his grandson started to tell him what to do. Steve stopped and said to him. " I'm F-ing this tiger, you just hold the tail."
It may take some time to keep the tears from falling when I think of him, but knowing Steve he would just tell me, " Suck it up buttercup and carry on".
Goodbye my friend.
http://obits.theadvocate.com/obituaries ... fhid=17447
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he was an interesting dude who found a way to get paid to do what he loved.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop