Thinking about thinning the herd

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Mike OTDP

Thinking about thinning the herd

Post by Mike OTDP »

I've been mulling over a thinning of the firearm collection. My main interest has always been muzzle-loaders, but I've accumulated a collection of cartridge guns over the years. And am considering selling some of them off. No specific need, I'm not hurting for cash. Just looking at gun vaults filled to overflowing.

Right now, I've three AK-74s. Plus a stock of 7n6 ammo, five tins worth. I'm considering selling one of the AKs, with a 1080 round tin of ammo. Bad news is that since I live in Maryland, I can't get another AK. On the other hand, I'd still have two.

I've got four ARs, plus two unbuilt lowers. I'm thinking about selling one of the rifles.

And I've accumulated C&R stuff. I'm keeping the Walthers, but would seriously consider selling off other C&R guns.

Probably the big teeth-grinder is the Uzi SMG. Had one, sold it, bought another...and am considering selling that. Problem is, I just don't have a good place to shoot it. My local range won't allow full auto, the nearest one that does is 100 miles away.

What do you guys think?
Odahi

Re: Thinking about thinning the herd

Post by Odahi »

My advice, worth every penny you paid for it, is to wait until after the election, and see who we wind up with. Gun and ammo prices may go WAY up, but you'll have to get the sale(s) completed before the new laws take effect...
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

With the GOP expected to hold the House, I don't expect new laws...not at the Federal level. Regulations, maybe...but the scope of those are limited.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Ummm, what specific C&R's are you thinking about selling?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Possibly one of the Garands, a DGFM 1911, possibly a Remington 51.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

ooooh Rem 51
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

So, what did you decide? Were you able to do without selling some? I sold a Winchester in .270 about ten years ago and still think about it with mixed feelings. Not exactly regret, but sort of.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm not emotionally connected to any of these guns. It's not like the stuff I shoot, or inherited from my father.