Webley MARK VI 455

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Webley MARK VI 455

Post by Candyman »

I was off today and went by the bank. As I was leaving I noticed a few vehicles parked out side the local Pawn & Gun shop that was just down the street. The shop had taken on a few feet of water back in August when it flooded here. It appeared that they were open so, I went on over. It was nice to see that they were open and had the place pretty much back together. In the gun shop they had new glass counters and had a pretty good stock of guns. I was shooting the bull with a few friends that were in the shop when I spotted a large revolver in one of the cases. I asked to look at it. It was a Webley MARK VI in pretty good shape. The cylinder looked up good and was not shaved for 45 ACP. The sweet thing is that it was priced at $349.99. I asked about the price and the guy behind the counter said that if it were military marked it would have been priced higher.
Some one had cleaned up the barrel a little, but I wanted it for my collection so, I asked if they could work on the price. I know that I am evil for asking but it never hurts to try. I was told that I could have it for $300. I said I would take it if that was the price out the door. Would you believe that they said OK. I know, I'm a bad man and a thief.
Well here are the pics and you can see that it does have the broad arrow stamps. All numbers are matching. It also has the broad arrow to broad arrow stamp on the left side of the frame.

I looked through my old ammo and found three cartridges.

Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Kommander

Re: Webley MARK VI 455

Post by Kommander »

My jealousy of you knows no bounds. I always wanted one of those when I lived in AZ, and now that I'm stuck in the PRK for the foreseeable future I likely wont for some time, and never at that price!
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

That's a pretty epic win.

Do you also have a satchel, whip, and fedora lying around?
Jered

Post by Jered »

JAG2955 wrote:That's a pretty epic win.

Do you also have a satchel, whip, and fedora lying around?
It was a MKVII gas mask bag
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

An unmolested mark 6 for under 600 bucks?! :shock:

I think I hate you, just a little bit. :cry:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

Damn. Nice find.

Or,

Damn nice find.

Take your pick.

+1 to the list of people who hate you right now...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

HEY! Hate the game, not the player. :lol:
The problem that most people have is that they want a gun to much. When I see one I want, I put on my porker face and never let the seller know how much I would like to have it. It' all in how you play the game. I have walked away form guns due to the seller wanting $5 more then I was willing to pay.
I remember stopping at a shop and seeing a VZ24 sitting on the rack that had been there for over a year. The last time I looked at it and handed it back the guy told me that I needed to buy it. I told him that he wanted more then it was worth to me. He dropped the price from $249 to $125 and it came home with me.
But I'm OK with y'all heating me. :D Life is good.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

WANT. :D

Nice work. Well done.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Could care less about owning one, but I'm really glad to see that it's gone to someone who appreciates it, and will give it the attention it deserves.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Congrats, Candyman. Is such a gun safe to shoot?
Eppur si muove--Galileo