Trade In My SCCY Gen 2 For A G19?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
skb12172

Trade In My SCCY Gen 2 For A G19?

Post by skb12172 »

Or keep it. The Glock is just about as concealable, has a larger capacity, and is better manufactured, though I really don't have a beef with the SCCY. You can just tell it isn't as well made.

Fire Away!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JAG2955

Re: Trade In My SCCY Gen 2 For A G19?

Post by JAG2955 »

They probably won't give you very much, but yeah, I'd get a Glock. Aftermarket is far better, and magazines are very available. ETS makes some good mags that are available in both 22 and 31 rd capacities. They're cheaper than OEM mags, so get some before the election.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Thought about a SCCY once. Ended up with a G19. Could not be happier.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Don't trade. Buy the G19. Sell the SCCY separately if at all legal. You'll do better financially.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:They probably won't give you very much, but yeah, I'd get a Glock. Aftermarket is far better, and magazines are very available. ETS makes some good mags that are available in both 22 and 31 rd capacities. They're cheaper than OEM mags, so get some before the election.
I guess I don't really understand the draw of the aftermarket mags.... Factory Glock mags are utterly reliable, and not terribly expensive.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Netpackrat wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:They probably won't give you very much, but yeah, I'd get a Glock. Aftermarket is far better, and magazines are very available. ETS makes some good mags that are available in both 22 and 31 rd capacities. They're cheaper than OEM mags, so get some before the election.
I guess I don't really understand the draw of the aftermarket mags.... Factory Glock mags are utterly reliable, and not terribly expensive.
No, Glock mags are great. But I referenced the ETS mags, because they work well, and they're substantially cheaper. More toddler-killing magazines, more angry liberals. That's the only reason. Also, they're awesome training tools.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Mike OTDP wrote:Don't trade. Buy the G19. Sell the SCCY separately if at all legal. You'll do better financially.
This should be a general rule with all firearms purchases. When I hear someone say they want to "trade in" I automatically think of a private sale funding their new purchase, not letting a gun store have it for much less than it's worth.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I wish I liked glocks. I keep wanting to like them been then hold one or shoot it and hate it.
I would definitely get a G19 over an SCCY if I could only afford one though. Of course Id likely end up with my P01.
But a good service quality compact of G19 size is really a necessity.
Its about time for me to go look at a glock again and remember why i dont like them. I know I can get used G22/23's cheep all day long here, and Ive been meaning to add some caliber diversity. Of course bringing myself to get one after I handle it. Maybe ill find a deal on a G20...
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

How reliable is the SCCY? My niece just turned 21, so I'm looking for a reliable sidearm to be her combination birthday/yuletide gift.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Reliable. I trust mine without reservation. Also, she can get it in a variety of colors. But it's fairly new and doesn't have the track record of success yet that a Glock has. Plus, the SCCY only has 10 + 1, while the G19 is 15 +1.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.