Trade In My SCCY Gen 2 For A G19?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Jered

Re: Trade In My SCCY Gen 2 For A G19?

Post by Jered »

Mike OTDP wrote:Don't trade. Buy the G19. Sell the SCCY separately if at all legal. You'll do better financially.
That sort of thing also helps obscure any sort of effort to track firearms, which is another beneficial side effect.

8-)
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It also never hurts to keep a spare carry gun that you already trust, in case something happens to your primary.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Good point. I think I will keep it and just pay off the G19 over a couple of months.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Cybrludite wrote:How reliable is the SCCY? My niece just turned 21, so I'm looking for a reliable sidearm to be her combination birthday/yuletide gift.
The grip is a little thick for some hands. Do not get one with the safety lever. I have seen many that have a cracked lever or missing lever.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

FYI

Gen 1 has the safety. It is in an awkward spot, which is why it was discontinued.

Gen 2 has a revolver-type trigger and there is no safety. This is what I have. I do recommend Gen 2.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.