Finally found a revolver I want! (Lemat from Westworld)

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
JustinR

Finally found a revolver I want! (Lemat from Westworld)

Post by JustinR »

So being on the road all the time, I've been able to catch the first two episodes of HBO's Westworld, based on the 1973 movie. The premise and cast are quite intriguing, and Ed Harris plays a serious black hat (literally and figuratively) character that is toting a beautifully finished LeMat revolver with a custom break-open cartridge conversion to fire .38 short Colt and a 20 gauge shell.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Westworld_(2016_TV_Series)

Unfortunately, from the bit of research I've done, any cartridge conversions of this gun have been custom, one-off jobs. Then there's the issue of the 20 gauge barrel needing to be rifled to avoid an AOW stamp. It doesn't appear anyone is manufacturing new LeMat's in anything but black powder/percussion cap, which is kind of a bummer. A .357 or .44 version with the 20 gauge center would be a nice BBQ gun. Thoughts? Is that just crazy talk?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
slowpoke

Re: Finally found a revolver I want! (Lemat from Westworld)

Post by slowpoke »

Pay the aow stamp, otherwise you're paying the dd stamp. Remeber the 28ga revolver Taurus tried and got spanked over at shot show a couple years ago?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
JustinR

Re: Finally found a revolver I want! (Lemat from Westworld)

Post by JustinR »

"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL