Starting on a Junkyard build

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Re: Starting on a Junkyard build

Post by Candyman »

Durham68 wrote:
Candyman wrote:I just got in a bolt and front sight tower today.
Having trouble finding a used barrel, may end up buying a new one. If I buy a new one, not sure if I will go 11.5 or 16".
Check your email.
Woo Hoo! email replied to.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Thinks to Durham68 this build is coming together much faster the I thought it would. I still have a few things to finish, but here is a black and white pic of it.

Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I was able to finish the build yesterday.
I bought the complete upper from Durham68 . The guy Durham68 got it from must have loved two things, smoking and pets
Other then it being a little dirty, smelling like cigarette smoke and having some pet fur under the handguards, it looked ok. I found that the barrel was a little loose. The rear sight had a knob to adjust and it had a round forward assist.
So I removed the barrel and cleaned everything up. I put the barrel on the upper I already had and finished building the lower. Everything went together pretty easy.
I'm not sure if I will have time to shoot it this weekend so, I may end up bringing it to work to shoot it on Monday.
I'm happy with the way it turned out. I would have to say that this build was a lot of fun.

I would like to say thank you to everyone that helped out with this build.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

That looks like a fine truck gun right there.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Looking pretty good for a junk yard build. Is that the camo CAR stock?
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Worthy of a junkyard dog, it sure is ugly! ;) If it was a dog, I'd call it Spike.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Durham68 wrote:Looking pretty good for a junk yard build. Is that the camo CAR stock?
Yes that's the same camo stock. I stripped the paint off.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Is ugly black rifle. Is shoot.

Well wear!