Been thinking about an SBR

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.

So what should I start saving money for in the SBR world

10-12" 300 Blackout
24%
10" 10 mm because TEN MM
12%
10" 9mm cause bullets are CHEAP
6%
We found the secret to magic brownies, its WEED, just eat some of that and forget the SBR
29%
<16" for 7.62x25
12%
10" 45 Super
No votes
10" 460 Rowland
No votes
.223 / 556 like Satan demands all AR's be set up
18%

Total votes: 17

HTRN

Re: Been thinking about an SBR

Post by HTRN »

Thats what i always wanted to know, cant you just list "multi" on the form 1, or do you have to list every caliber, and if so, can you add to it once you get the tax stamp?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:Thats what i always wanted to know, cant you just list "multi" on the form 1, or do you have to list every caliber, and if so, can you add to it once you get the tax stamp?
They will supposedly reject it if you list multi, even if it says that on the receiver. You have to list a caliber, BUT there isn't anything stopping you from having multiple uppers in different calibers. You just have to have the ability to change it back to the configuration listed on the form. They also don't care what the actual chambering is, caliber is listed as 7.62, 9mm, .45, etc. So, my 300 blackout is listed as caliber 7.62 with a 10" barrel length, and whatever the overall length is. As long as I have the upper to return it to that, I can put whatever other upper on it that I want.

If I sell the upper that corresponds to that configuration, and therefore can no longer return it to what is listed on the form, I am supposed to notify the ATF (I think in writing) of whatever the new configuration is. That's it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Thats six kinds of retarded. :?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

HTRN wrote:Thats six kinds of retarded. :?
Wouldnt it be hilarious if Trump won and appointed Wayne LaPierre head of ATF?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

slowpoke wrote:
HTRN wrote:Thats six kinds of retarded. :?
Wouldnt it be hilarious if Trump won and appointed [strike]Wayne LaPierre[/strike] Ted Nugent head of ATF?
Don't get me wrong, that was awesome to begin with. It just needed something more.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

JAG2955 wrote:I'm a big fan of .300blk, and I've used this link to disprove the "it's a pistol round" argument with lots of folks. Less drop than a M855 past 400yds, and more retained velocity. Yeah, the Barnes TTSX is one of the most expensive .300blk rounds out there, but against 2 or 4 legged critters, it's probably the best. Suppresses much better than 5.56, even if it's not a subsonic variety I have a .300blk SBR, but due to ammo cost, it doesn't get used a whole lot.
Hey, so I was doing some ballistics work, and I realized that that link I posted above is WRONG. It has the BC of M855 as .151. Which it's not. Even Close. BC should be about .304. For G7, it's .151, not for G1, like listed.