Been thinking about an SBR

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.

So what should I start saving money for in the SBR world

10-12" 300 Blackout
24%
10" 10 mm because TEN MM
12%
10" 9mm cause bullets are CHEAP
6%
We found the secret to magic brownies, its WEED, just eat some of that and forget the SBR
29%
<16" for 7.62x25
12%
10" 45 Super
No votes
10" 460 Rowland
No votes
.223 / 556 like Satan demands all AR's be set up
18%

Total votes: 17

Jered

Re: Been thinking about an SBR

Post by Jered »

Jericho941 wrote:Honestly the last 2-3 years have convinced me that unless Sig takes great strides to publicly un-fuck themselves, they are to be avoided at all costs. Quality levels that would embarrass Taurus at HK prices. No thanks.
So does Zastava make a better Sig 229 than Sig does?

:P
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Jericho941 wrote:Honestly the last 2-3 years have convinced me that unless Sig takes great strides to publicly un-fuck themselves, they are to be avoided at all costs. Quality levels that would embarrass Taurus at HK prices. No thanks.
They've actually undergone a BIG change. Remember the SigTac stuff? Probably not. They tried to erase it from the world. Made in China, BSA/NCStar/Tapco-level garbage. They got a new CEO and started going in another direction. Their new optics line is on-par with Vortex, at least the red dots that I've handled. I believe the glass is actually made by the same company in the Phillippines. The Romeo series is a great bang for the buck.

The MPX Gen I/II disaster is still a debacle. They should have offered an upper exchange program the second they knew there was going to be a difficulty in continuing the development of the Gen I.

They've also done some great strides with their Legion pistols, not that I want one, or think that they're worth it, but they sell; and the P320 may be one of the next big polymer pistols. It was selected by Texas Department of Public Safety as their sidearm. The MCX was born out of the Low Visibility Assault Weapons program and has been chosen as the weapon for at least one European anti-terror force.

I'd like to see them simplify their catalog. They make ten billion different pistol variations, and they could really cut back a line or two. (Sig Tribal, I'm looking at you), but also some of their lesser-quality models. Sig P250, P290, 556xi, all gone. Focus on the winners.
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote:
Precision wrote:I have an AR in 45ACP
DO or blowback? Because if it's direct impingement, its one short step to 460 rowland. Is the lower one of those dedicated greasegun/glock mag lowers, because if it is, it's gonna limit the choice you have.
Its an Olympic Arms which I assume is DI.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

I actually just got off the phone with Olympic Arms because I was curious about their 10mm ARs. Their pistol caliber carbines are all blowback.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Ron Williams of rmw extreme makes di uppers. They're not cheap.
Jericho941 wrote:I actually just got off the phone with Olympic Arms because I was curious about their 10mm ARs. Their pistol caliber carbines are all blowback.
I could have told you that, virtually all pistol cartridge uppers are blowback, with some well known exceptions.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Frankly, unless he has his heart set on something specific, id say to get a cz scorpion pistol and form 1 if he wants a 9mm, if he wants an Ar sbr, to either get a blackout or 458 socom, because the can be built with off the shelf ar parts (mostly), hell he can have both, just switch between uppers. If he wants some flavor of grease gun ar, spring for the ron williams setup, but be prepared for your wallet to get raped, think 1500 and up.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I'd love to have a Scorpion, but I'd be screwed with the mag situation here in Colorado. F'in' libs. :roll:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

It's an AR SBR... Just list all those calibers.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.