New Ruger Mk IV .22

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

New Ruger Mk IV .22

Post by Darrell »

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been posted about--a few days ago Ruger announced their new Mk IV .22 semi auto. The pistol has a simple push button take down, rather than the infamous fiddly bits!

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV/overview.html

Video at the link above. Here's some news articles on the gun:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... iv-pistol/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... d-product/

Mk III magazines will work in the new gun. My first thought when I heard about it--S&W's Victory .22 and its easy single screw take down, maybe it made Ruger see the light.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
randy

Re: New Ruger Mk IV .22

Post by randy »

...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, ruger has finally done a fix on the major complaints on the Design? That only took, what, 67 years?

And look, none of them have threaded barrels.. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:So, ruger has finally done a fix on the major complaints on the Design? That only took, what, 67 years?

And look, none of them have threaded barrels.. :roll:
About time. And honestly, I would rather it come unthreaded... I don't particularly want to trust my can to Ruger's threading, and I would prefer to have it done to the Silencerco spec that is correct for my Sparrow, with the o-ring relief at the muzzle.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Here's Jeff Quinn's review of it on the youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElU5v1eApY
Eppur si muove--Galileo
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

But will it fire Remington ammo without a hitch?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Greg

Post by Greg »

SoupOrMan wrote:But will it fire Remington ammo without a hitch?
Stop asking the impossible.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:But will it fire Remington ammo without a hitch?
Stop asking the impossible.
Funny, I remember back in the early 1990s Remington Target was the ammo that all others were judged by, fed in just about everything, hardly ever a misfire (that wasn't gun or crud related). I think I still have a brick or two around somewhere......
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

My dad had a 100-pack of Remington from the 1980s that ran great, but I used it up. The replacement Golden Bullets... not so golden.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

SoupOrMan wrote:My dad had a 100-pack of Remington from the 1980s that ran great, but I used it up. The replacement Golden Bullets... not so golden.
Just look at it as a few free failure drills included free in every box....no expensive dummy rounds required. ;)