Showdown in the Bluegrass

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
PawPaw

Showdown in the Bluegrass

Post by PawPaw »

The Showdown in the Bluegrass, the Kentucky State Championships of Cowboy Fast Draw is in the record books.

PawPaw and his gal attended, for four days of fast draw shooting. My gal (Blue Eyed Belle) didn't bring home any trophies this time, but she had a good time, and managed to get her Rangemaster certification.

That's Blue Eyed Belle in the blue shirt, running a line as her final exam, under the watchful eye of an official. She passed with flying colors (two written tests, plus an verbal test, and the practical). She'll get her certification in a week or so.

Of course, there was lots of shooting.

The photo above, Belle is taking her shot. No pics of me yet, because I was behind the camera. There was another photog there, and we should be getting those pics soon.

PawPaw did manage to bring home some bragging rights. I won second place in the Men's Senior category, and brought home a nice trophy for the mantle.

We're home now, and in serious planning mode for the shoot that we'll host in November.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Darrell

Re: Showdown in the Bluegrass

Post by Darrell »

Good times, and congrats, Paw Paw. :)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Denis

Re: Showdown in the Bluegrass

Post by Denis »

Splendid! Sound like great fun.