Suggested mods for a Glock?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Cybrludite

Suggested mods for a Glock?

Post by Cybrludite »

I recently picked up an Austrian Murder Lego, the Model 20SF. Aside from the obvious aftermarket barrel with a properly supported chamber and night sights, is there anything else I should do to it?
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Netpackrat

Re: Suggested mods for a Glock?

Post by Netpackrat »

Mostly just the sights. Unless you have some special need for an aftermarket barrel, like threading to run a can, I would skip it. The so-called "fully supported" chamber in the aftermarket barrel doesn't add anything useful, and makes the pistol more likely to hang up. At least that has been my experience with Glock's 10mms.

Maybe consider dropping in a minus connector, to see if you like it. Results in about a 4.5 pound trigger.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Trade it in against a BHP or a CZ75? :lol:

Seriously, though, well wear and happy modding. Maybe one of those plugs that fills the gap in the butt of the grip...
randy

Post by randy »

I put an extended mag release on my Model 17, for Darlin' Daughter's use. Never needed it myself on either the 17 or the Model 21, but YMMV.

Night sites
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
evan price

Post by evan price »

Night sights, spare mags, maybe the ny1 spring and 3.5# connector.
Nothing else.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Denis wrote:Trade it in against a BHP or a CZ75? :lol:
That's kinda what I was thinking. Glad you said it first!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Cybrludite wrote:I recently picked up an Austrian Murder Lego, the Model 20SF. Aside from the obvious aftermarket barrel with a properly supported chamber and night sights, is there anything else I should do to it?
:lol:
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

1. Better sights: The Ameriglo UC sights are incredible, especially for the price.
2. 3.5lb connector, if you feel like it. I did a 3.5lb connector with a lighter trigger return spring, but kept the stock firing pin spring.

Other than that, go nuts. Recently, I've started to like the low-profile magwells on the Glock 19. It seems to give better support to my little finger.

Get lots of mags while they're still cheap (pre-election). Everyone needs a happy stick or two, and I just got some of the ETS 22rd mags. They stick out of a 17 just a touch.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Netpackrat wrote:Mostly just the sights. Unless you have some special need for an aftermarket barrel, like threading to run a can, I would skip it. The so-called "fully supported" chamber in the aftermarket barrel doesn't add anything useful, and makes the pistol more likely to hang up. At least that has been my experience with Glock's 10mms.
It's a reloading thing. As you're well aware, 10mm ain't cheap, and that bulge kills brass. Normal rifling to let me cast bullets for it would also be a bonus.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Been running cast in the factory bore of my G29 for 14 years. I think I am still using some of the same brass. The stupid Lee tumble lube LSWC coated with their liquid Alox seems to do fine in my factory Glock bores, while a traditional cast bullet lubed with "real" lube fouls badly, despite being cast using the same wheelweight alloy and given the same heat treatment. In fact, I think I forgot to heat treat my current batch of the tumble lube bullets and I have noted no fouling.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop