Suggested mods for a Glock?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
JKosprey

Re: Suggested mods for a Glock?

Post by JKosprey »

How necessary is the sight pusher tool for installing sights? Thinking about Trijicon HD's for my G43, but I can't bring myself to spend 150 bucks on a tool I'll likely use once (sure, there may be more glocks in the future, but not the near future).
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

JKosprey wrote:How necessary is the sight pusher tool for installing sights? Thinking about Trijicon HD's for my G43, but I can't bring myself to spend 150 bucks on a tool I'll likely use once (sure, there may be more glocks in the future, but not the near future).
Go with the Ameriglo UCs. The front is screwed in, so no need for a special tool, though a tiny socket helps. I did my first one with a pair of tweezers. The rear is all steel. Bang away with a hammer and punch.

*Sez the guy who just hammered in a set of Trijicons onto his wife's M&P.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have the sight pusher tool from Brownells and I think it was worth getting, but your mileage may vary. I didn't want to be using a hammer and punch anywhere near the RMRs on my Glocks.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Which sight pusher do you have? I need to add one to the toolbox.

You could always put on the RMR last... 8-)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:Which sight pusher do you have? I need to add one to the toolbox.
MGW. It's built like a brick shithouse, and I'm pretty happy with it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:Which sight pusher do you have? I need to add one to the toolbox.
MGW. It's built like a brick shithouse, and I'm pretty happy with it.
I just wat watched the vid for their sight pro. It's one of the nicest sight tools ive seen, but jeebus they aint cheap. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt