7.5 FK/FK BRNO Field Pistol

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

7.5 FK/FK BRNO Field Pistol

Post by Darrell »

Interesting, I saw an ad for this in Guns and Ammo or somewhere the other day, here it is on the web. 7.5 FK is a bottleneck cartridge, claims .44 mag energy with .40 S&W recoil due to a proprietary recoil reduction system. The gun, the FK BRNO Field Pistol, is a rather large semi auto, single action, looks kinda like a 1911 and a CZ had a baby. Looks expensive! There are a couple of vids at the website:

http://www.fkbrno.com/en/7-5-fk-system

They're said to also have a "combat" version, slightly more compact than the Field Pistol. The guns even have a folding stock available.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
toad

Re: 7.5 FK/FK BRNO Field Pistol

Post by toad »

Would the purchase of a folding stock require a clearance from the BATFF here in the US?
A fixed sabot round like the Russian 9x22 mm would make for a nasty body armor piercer?
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

It looks like a higher pressure version of the 7.62x25 Tokarev round. This one is 7.5x27, but it looks like OAL is longer because of a longer bullet. The bullet is also about 20% heavier than the 5.5gr Tokarev bullet. That should give it better downrange performance.

They claim 1200J of ME, which is about 2x the Tokarev. I'm not sure how they get that with a 20% bigger bullet and 30% higher velocity. To get those velocities out of a 5" barrel, the pressure must be enough to blow-up any Tokarev pistol, even the CZ roller-locked one.

The pistol looks nice. It's about the same width as a 1911 or P35, which should make for comfortable carry, however 1.2kg makes it a bit on the heavy side for those who are used to Glocks.

Personally, I'm a fan of the 7.62x25 Tokarev. My only issue is lack of good platforms for it. The CZ service pistol has a horrible trigger and is a boat anchor. The only examples of the Russian Tokarev pistol I can find have horrible aftermarket safeties installed to meet us.gov import restrictions. The Norinco versions that were imported before the Bush 1 (spit) import ban have similar poor safeties.

A friend managed to find a Vietnam war bringback at an ELGS with no safety (the way the gun was designed). I'd rather carry that with the hammer at half-cock than carry with one of the atrocious safeties that are commonly installed, but he's not willing negotiate a deal with me (yet).
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

D5CAV wrote:It looks like a higher pressure version of the 7.62x25 Tokarev round.
:shock:
Personally, I'm a fan of the 7.62x25 Tokarev. My only issue is lack of good platforms for it. The CZ service pistol has a horrible trigger and is a boat anchor. The only examples of the Russian Tokarev pistol I can find have horrible aftermarket safeties installed to meet us.gov import restrictions. The Norinco versions that were imported before the Bush 1 (spit) import ban have similar poor safeties.
Have you looked at the Zastava M57? The safety on those doesn't look so bad.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I had one of the M57 Zastavas. It had an earlier version (I think) of the safety added before import. The safety sucked big time. Interesting gun, though. It was old and rather worn, came with a worn leather holster and two magazines, IIRC. The first shot from every magazine was dead nuts in the center of the bullseye, then following shots tended to open up quite a bit. Odd. Recoil wasn't bad at all. I always wanted to see what a new production one might do. The M57 is basically a Yugo copy of the Russian Tokarev, though the magazine held an additional round.

The FK BRNO is supposedly made to shoot accurately at 75-150 meters. One of the vids at the link shows the pistol being used to "hunt" deer.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Is it just me, or does anybody else think this is going to flop horribly?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

From watching that testing video, I kinda want one. Of course I've been wanting to see something with a double column magazine shooting the 7.62x25 round too.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Johnnyreb wrote:From watching that testing video, I kinda want one. Of course I've been wanting to see something with a double column magazine shooting the 7.62x25 round too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPS_submachine_gun

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Netpackrat wrote:
Johnnyreb wrote:From watching that testing video, I kinda want one. Of course I've been wanting to see something with a double column magazine shooting the 7.62x25 round too.
I'm in for any modern pistol in double stack 7.62tok. But a ppsh isnt a pistol.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

slowpoke wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:
I'm in for any modern pistol in double stack 7.62tok. But a ppsh isnt a pistol.
Yeah, I knew what you meant.... Although, nobody brought up the PPSh until you did. :geek: