7.5 FK/FK BRNO Field Pistol

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
D5CAV

Re: 7.5 FK/FK BRNO Field Pistol

Post by D5CAV »

I'm wondering what they are using for the parent case for that 7.5mm?

You can make 7.62 Tokarev cases by trimming and necking 5.56x45mm NATO cases.

That got me thinking about a .300 BLK Kurz.

Maybe a 30mm case and .308 diameter bullet.

I have big hands, and a launcher could certainly be made more ergonomic than a desert beagle.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Netpackrat wrote:Have you looked at the Zastava M57? The safety on those doesn't look so bad.
Yes. Not so bad.

The safety still sucks, but it just doesn't suck as bad as the aftermarket safeties on the Polish Tokarev, which is a shame, because those Polish Tokarevs are otherwise the finest examples of Tokarev I've seen.

The other problem with the M57 is that Tito did what he wanted - screw interop with the Soviets. He wanted a 9 round mag. None of my many Tokarev mags will operate in an M57. I didn't like it enough to shelve all my TT33 mags and restock with a pile of M57 mags.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I bet the 7.5 FK would make a dandy PDW cartridge.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

SoupOrMan wrote:I bet the 7.5 FK would make a dandy PDW cartridge.
Ssshhhhh.
"its a great deer round"
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

This 7.5 FK BRNO has an OAL cartridge length of 35mm with a 27mm case. That means about 12mm of bullet, which is long for a pistol. That puts it about halfway between 10mm Auto at 32mm and .357 Mag at 40mm.

Case diameter is a little over 10mm, so should be about the same magazine capacity of a 10mm Auto with a double stack magazine.

The Tokarev round is about the same diameter as a 5.56x45 NATO cartridge.

If BRNO can get the pressures up high enough to launch .308 bullets at almost 700 meters per second, I'm wondering what can be done with a .300 BLKK (.300 BLK Kurz)? Shorten a .300 BLK cartridge to about 32mm case length - the same as 10mm auto, and put a spitzer bullet in it for an OAL of 40mm, same as a .357 Mag.

Have a powder that burns fast enough to get velocity to the same level as the 7.5 FK BRNO, and that could be a very interesting pistol round.