New magazine designt for M-16, M-4?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
toad

New magazine designt for M-16, M-4?

Post by toad »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... es-rifles/

The magazine reportedly presents the cartridge higher and at a flatter angle to reduce wear on the feed ramps and give greater reliability.
Reading the article I'm not sure whether or not the top of the magazine well needs to be relived to use them :?:
JAG2955

Re: New magazine designt for M-16, M-4?

Post by JAG2955 »

I don't really care, as civilians won't be adopting this round in any numbers. Too much wear on the upper.

I've heard that it duplicates PMag feed lip geometry.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

JAG2955 wrote:I don't really care, as civilians won't be adopting this round in any numbers. Too much wear on the upper.

I've heard that it duplicates PMag feed lip geometry.
Is the wear because of the steel tips AND the longer OAL of the round? We shouldn't have any issues w. standard M855 green tips, should we?
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

The steel tip in the older round is entirely inside the jacket, while the new one is exposed. I'd add that the internal steel tip on the original is tiny. Like the size of a broken pencil lead.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Cybrludite wrote:The steel tip in the older round is entirely inside the jacket, while the new one is exposed. I'd add that the internal steel tip on the original is tiny. Like the size of a broken pencil lead.
You, sir, are correct. I should have relied on the googlage: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... 5a1-story/
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

And yet I'm still using magazines that I "borrowed" from the Army during the '80s.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

rightisright wrote:You, sir, are correct. I should have relied on the googlage: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... 5a1-story/
I'm not a sir. My parents weren't cousins. :lol:

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Cybrludite wrote:I'm not a sir. My parents weren't cousins. :lol:
I thought is was that you worked for a living.....
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

TheArmsman wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:I'm not a sir. My parents weren't cousins. :lol:
I thought is was that you worked for a living.....
I've also heard is as "My parents were married". I'm sure there's more variations on the theme. :jacked: