Savage WTH

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Gunnuts

Savage WTH

Post by Gunnuts »

In the course of surfing I ran across this plastered across Savage's website....
bslogo-savagearms.jpg
What the hell.....

Has Savage been overtaken by some lib PC bullshit organization?
facepalm.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
First Shirt

Re: Savage WTH

Post by First Shirt »

Not sure I like it, but they've been running the same logo for the last 50 years or so. Maybe they thought it was time for a change?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I assume you mean a Washington Redskins sort of PC thing? Doing away with the American Indian image?
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

First Shirt wrote:Not sure I like it, but they've been running the same logo for the last 50 years or so. Maybe they thought it was time for a change?
Unlikely.
Darrell wrote:I assume you mean a Washington Redskins sort of PC thing? Doing away with the American Indian image?
Yep. I'm from the U of I area, so the whole eliminating traditional American Indians from everything really chaps my ass.

When I see that imagery, I think of people who stood for their way of life against increasingly difficult interference from people who meant to take it away from them.

I see honor, not insult.

Granted, there are depictions that aren't exactly honorable in appearance, but not in this case.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

First Shirt wrote:Not sure I like it, but they've been running the same logo for the last 50 years or so. Maybe they thought it was time for a change?
More like a century I thought. I wasn't aware that anybody was agitating for a change, so I am not sure that I would characterize it as caving to PC.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I remember when the Bell System went from the old Black and White ornate bell as a logo, to the new, blue, stylized bell as a logo, my Dad (who was an old Bell System hand) told me that it was because the Bell System had never trademarked the Bell legally. Some guy realized that it wasn't registered as a trade mark, so he incorporated a small company and trademarked the Bell as his logo. Then he sued the Bell System for trademark infringement. They fired a bunch of corporate lawyers, settled with him, bought his company and made damned sure that the new Bell was registered.

The guy's wife was a long-distance operator (you remember operators?). She lost her job, but the several millions that her husband legally extorted from the company served as a nice severance package.

Companies change logos sometimes.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

First reaction: "Looks like a stylized airgun pellet."
Second reaction: "Oh, there's an S in there, done like those cross-stitched signs that spell out 'Jesus' in negative space."

All in all, not a good logo. I suspect the CEO's nephew just graduated with a degree in design.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
evan price

Post by evan price »

My 1907 Savage pistol has the Indian chief and "Savage quality" on the grips.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Precision

Post by Precision »

That sucks rocks through a tied pigs intestine.

Dumbasses. I see the "S" but I have to look for it. That makes it a BAD logo.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah, the new logo sucks.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop