Volunteer instructors in response to Orlando.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Cybrludite

Volunteer instructors in response to Orlando.

Post by Cybrludite »

A buddy of mine on Facebook is setting up a map to help folks find firearms instruction post-Orlando.
To anyone wondering "Do I have to be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Trans to get help from these folks?" the answer is no, it's welcome to everyone -- we're just pointing out that LGBT folks are extra-welcome and won't be judged by these folks.

I encourage you all to spread this map. As the Pink Pistols say, "Armed gays don't get bashed", and helping train our LGBT brothers and sisters might prevent them from becoming another victim of ISIS.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Rod

Re: Volunteer instructors in response to Orlando.

Post by Rod »

The day after the shooting, I reiterated my offer to help anyone get started in shooting. I also joined the Pink Pistols Facebook page and saw this, was one of the first people on their map.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Think I was the sixth person on Erin's page to volunteer. Man, did it blow up the last couple of days. Now she has the BBC buying her ammo for a shooting interview.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I'm on that map.

8-)
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

This is tragic , funny and awesome on so many levels .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Precision

Post by Precision »

I too am on the list. What the hell, at least this is a good list to be on, right.

I know I have sold at least 3 lesbian couples their first gun this past week at work. All were shocked, but very willing to get training and NOT have to hide in a bathroom. It was a good feeling helping them to realize they are their own first line of defense AND they can do it. One couple came back after going to the range (to see what the could handle / like) and thanked me for "making" them go try some things before buying. They ended up with a Shield 9mm as opposed to an Airlite J frame. They also said they REALLY like this shooting thing. Nice people, fun times and a great sense of empowerment.

What can I say. WE are not all knuckle dragging assholes like the media portrays us to be. We have them, just like any group including yours, but for the most part we like adding people to the gunny fold. You will find you are just as welcome as any of the rest of us. They said, we see that. No one cared that we were a couple and many people thanked us for taking action to not be a victim anymore. That shocked us. I said, be prepared for more shocks. Mostly good ones.

They are now thinking about getting an AR. Some woman at the range was waxing poetic on the virtues of AR's and they were intrigued. From zero to almost AR owner in the space of a week. I'll call that a decided win.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/