The Panic Buying Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
rightisright

Re: The Panic Buying Thread

Post by rightisright »

Mike OTDP wrote:I'll confess to ordering another 500 rounds of 77gr 5.56 ammo...the IMI Mk262 clone load.
Please do tell where.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Candyman wrote:I tend to wait until after the panic is over to buy the stuff that people bought during the panic with money they could not afford to spend.
You should always be prepared. Pre Panic buying is the way to go.
In the last six months I have been stocking up. Here are a few things I have picked up.
1000 rounds of 12ga ammo
4000 rounds of 22lr ammo
4000 rounds of 9mm
4400 rounds of 5.56
1000 rounds of 40S&W
2 complete AR build kits
2 complete AR uppers
20 stripped AR lowers
4 AR upper build kits
And a shit load of AR parts/ enough to build 2 complete ARs with parts to spear
I also have 8 AR rifles in the safe.
You're doing it right. I only have 1000 9mm coming my way.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I just bought 420 rds of X193 and 420 rds of M855 on principle.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Denis

Post by Denis »

While we're all buying cheap and piling deep:

Harbor Freight Ammo boxes are on sale for $5.00 with coupon code 75598379
Denis

Post by Denis »

D5CAV wrote:I'd recommend picking a platform and getting multiples of that platform. Then get many multiples of magazines, parts and ammo for that platform. ...

In Switzerland, StGw 57s and StGw 90s are everywhere. Not so much anyplace else. I consider them to be the best battle rifle and assault rifle ever made. I have a SIG PE 57 and a SIG 550. Those are two "collector" guns I haven't been able to part with yet. But I haven't put down the stupid "collector" prices to meet my "minimum 2 each" rule, nor do I have what I consider to be a "combat ready" supply of magazines for either.
Never fear. I have my supplier lined up already. I will buy as many as I can afford before the banhammer comes down. No time to delay.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

rightisright wrote:
Mike OTDP wrote:I'll confess to ordering another 500 rounds of 77gr 5.56 ammo...the IMI Mk262 clone load.
Please do tell where.
AIM Surplus
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Adams Arms is running a sale instead of jacking the prices up. Stripped lowers are $107, down from $149 and buy 5 get 1 free. Average price then is something south of $75 before shipping and transfers.. I also heard PSA added about $20 to their stripped lowers making them somewhat more than these. I love the few things I've bought from Adams and, so far, think Voodoo's Lifecoat is great stuff.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Mike OTDP wrote:
rightisright wrote:
Please do tell where.
AIM Surplus

Thanks. I've been slowly accumulating PRVI 75gr match tip. In my faster twist ARs w. magnification (I can't see well enough past 25 yards to get decent groupings w/o a scope), it does 1 MOA from a rest w. no problem. I'm going to try some of the IMI stuff to compare.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Today wasn't terribly busy at the shop. Probably split 50/50 between folks buying their second or more ARs, and folks buying their first. A few guys bought Aimpoints today, but we haven't done much bulk ammo sales.
Precision

Post by Precision »

We normally sell 2-4 AR's a week. This week we sold 40. Most of them have been M&P Sport II but a few have been higher end stuff. Most of the Sport II are to new AR people although a few are to the one is NONE crowd.

We have done some bulk ammo sales and A metric shit ton of first time buyers / first time gay and lesbian gun buyers. Its cute how some of them try to hide it until they figure out you know already. Then a big sigh of relief and a bit of shock that you are HAPPY they are gay and arming up.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/