Glock 43

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Glock 43

Post by Candyman »

I've been wanting to get a Glock 43 for off duty, but have been waiting for the ones with the coyote brown frames to come out.
Today a friend gave me a call and asked if I wanted to buy a Glock 43, He said it was like new and would take $325 for it. I couldn't say no, what ar friends for. :)
He came over and handed me the box. When I opened it the gun looked brand new.
I asked if he was selling it so that he could buy something. He said that he had bought two, one for himself and one for his girlfriend. His girlfriend never shot the gun and they had just broke.
I can live with another all black Glock. Now I have to buy a few extra mags and a holster.

Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
randy

Re: Glock 43

Post by randy »

Cool! Nice buy. (I'll leave the traditional wish to Denis)

Darlin' daughter is contemplating one for a couple of years from now when she can get her CHL. She is having troubles working the mag release on my G17. She has (fortunately) not inherited my gorilla hands.

When we have a chance we are going to try a 43 range rental see if she can do better with it. I'm also considering putting in an extended mag release on the 17 to see it that helps. (One of the reasons I'm going to Glock for EDC is the availability and relative cheapness of parts and the ease of putting them in).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Denis

Post by Denis »

randy wrote:Cool! Nice buy. (I'll leave the traditional wish to Denis)
Shiny! Well wear. Yet another Austrian in the family...
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

This is the brand holster I will be getting. They are hand made by Kee Darnell.
It's an inside the waistband holster that is comfortable and stays put.
It also has a lifetime warranty.
LEO cost is $50

I had him make this one for my FNS9.

Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
randy

Post by randy »

Thanks! I am looking for an IWB for my G17for less than my go to (Ted Blocker ST-17) @ $104.00 (IOW I can pay full price for the RM holster and a couple of mag pouches)

I like having a source with someone of know credibility endorsing it.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Kee texted me Friday to let me know my holster was ready.
While at work yesterday, I stopped by his shop and picked it up.

Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Does that holster have some sort of lining. It looks nice, always liked kydex holsters. The one I had for my hi power wore the bluing pretty quick.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Nope, no lining.
Most often wear is caused by the gun moving in the holster. I have a Serpa holster for a Glock 22. The finish started to wear in spots due to the loose fit. I have a RM holster for my FNS9. I have been carrying it for almost a year and there are no signs of wear. The holsters have a very snug fit.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Meh.... It's a Glock, who cares about holster wear?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Still, I might contact him. I'm looking for a G43 holster myself.