Guess my new rifle-now a Tavor thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
JAG2955

Guess my new rifle-now a Tavor thread

Post by JAG2955 »

I traded for a new rifle. I'll probably trade this one (waiting on a guy's final response) for another one that I want a little more, and is a smarter choice.

So guess my rifle. Here's your hint:

*click*click*click*
"No one kills him but me."
*ding*
Last edited by JAG2955 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell

Re: Guess my new rifle

Post by Darrell »

Duh. Rhymes with Pie Pard. :lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

So I've been doing it over and over and annoying my wife...
Greg

Post by Greg »

JAG2955 wrote:So I've been doing it over and over and annoying my wife...
You traded for an AUG?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Yep. My SOCOM II with a Ultimak rail for an AUG A3. And it'll be gone tomorrow for a loaded Tavor.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Aw, I thought we were supposed to guess...I was going to say a Boys 20mm AT rifle...
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

JustinR wrote:Aw, I thought we were supposed to guess...I was going to say a Boys 20mm AT rifle...
Boys are .55 caliber originally.
Lahti m39s and Solothurns are both 20x138b.

:ugeek: ;) :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Oops, that's what I get for not googling first.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Sorry, no DD weapons. I'm not made of money or platinum. I could make enough selling my body, but prostitution is illegal. 8-)

But the Tavor is here. Some of you might be wondering why I swapped them out. I was glad to get rid of the M1A. I would have been happy with either. But, I really think that any rifle you may trust your life to (any MSR) should be equipped with sufficient magazines, and to a lesser extent, be able to mount a white light. With the AUG, I would have had to spend at a minimum $150 for 5 more mags, and probably closer to $300 until I was happy. I know that I could have gotten a NATO stock, but that's also $300. I have a boatload of AR mags. The AUG isn't very conducive to a light mount, nor is it a good suppressor host. The Tavor is better on both counts, plus this one had an AAC mount on it, integrated BUIS (with a tritium front post), and an upgraded handguard. I think the Tavor has better ergonomics, especially the mag release, but the AUG had the better trigger by a bit, but there are upgrades for both triggers. Still, I'm happy, the other two guys are happy, and we all have new toys. My Tavor is OD green, though. It might have a date with a can of Krylon.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:Sorry, no DD weapons. I'm not made of money or platinum. I could make enough selling my body, but prostitution is illegal. 8-)
I bet you could afford a DD if you really wanted to...

http://www.lmtstore.com/m203/m203-2003- ... arrel.html
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop