Thoughts on Ruger LC9 Pro

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Termite

Thoughts on Ruger LC9 Pro

Post by Termite »

I and Mrs Termite recently completed the Louisiana CCW class. I shot the range portion with my M13 Smith, she used her Colt Detective Special.

I really love my M13. It has been customised slightly by a gunsmith, has a magnificent trigger both double and single action, and I can shoot it quite well. However, except for wintertime, it is not easily concealed, particuliarly in the weight area, as it tips the scales at 31 ozs.

I'm looking at the Ruger LC9 Pro. Reviews of it are fairly good, it's a lot more concealable than the M13, and the price is quite good. It's not a lot bigger than an LCP .380; it's a lot flatter than my M13, and only weighs 17 oz. I've owned several Rugers, and have been well satisfied with them.

Thoughts?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Rumpshot

Re: Thoughts on Ruger LC9 Pro

Post by Rumpshot »

I carry the LC9. I like it, have not shot it all that much yet. I have a Fobus paddle holster that is easy on/off and does a pretty good job of retention.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Vonz90

Re: Thoughts on Ruger LC9 Pro

Post by Vonz90 »

I have an LC9 as my regular carry piece. I like it as I think it is the most cost effective way to get into a quality compact 9mm. It is a bit too big for pocket carry other than very roomy cargo pants or whatever.

I have a belt pouch by Blackhawk that has two sections inside. I keep my phone in the front and the pistol in back. It works well for me (of course my kids say it looks dorky, but I consider that a plus).