For Sale Garand M1-D *SOLD*

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

For Sale Garand M1-D *SOLD*

Post by Combat Controller »

Howdy, I have decided to sell a few rifle I have never shot or have not shot for more than 3 years to make room in the safe. One of these is a Springfield M1-D Sniper. Receiver dates to 1941, seems to have the correct numbers and has the original M-84 scope and mount. Clean bore, flash hider, etc.

$1499 plus shipping. Happy to answer any questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
JKosprey

Re: For Sale Garand M1-D

Post by JKosprey »

I really wish I wasn't broke right now.... :(
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

I do need to get myself a birthday present... could you email me some high res pictures if I PM you my email?

This is something that I'd like to shoot - is that blasphemy?
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Sooooo I'm not allowed to send private messages for some reason??? I guess please email me to my address on file...
Denis

Post by Denis »

AlaskaTRX wrote:Sooooo I'm not allowed to send private messages for some reason??? I guess please email me to my address on file...
I believe the PM function on this board is not enabled, but if you click on a user's name, you'll find a link that works to send them an e-mail through the messageboard...
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

IIRC, most users not being able to send PMs was another Chris thing. He didn't want users to be able to "foment revolution" via PMs. Funny how that also had the effect of chilling behind the scenes discussion about some of the other stuff he was up to.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. I will get that fixed. Give me a day or two and I can take good pics for y'all if you want/.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

AlaskaTRX wrote:I do need to get myself a birthday present... could you email me some high res pictures if I PM you my email?

Probably not something you want to shoot in high volume, but I doubt you will hurt it as long as you are cognizant of the fact that it isn't really meant for shooting modern commercial .30-06 ammo.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

AlaskaTRX wrote:I do need to get myself a birthday present... could you email me some high res pictures if I PM you my email?

If you want to shoot non-M2 Ball in the Garand, you should install a ported gas plug. (I have no affiliation with garandgear.com; they were just the first site to come up when I searched for the plug.) You can purchase new 30.06 made specifically for the M1 Garand from a few manufacturers or purchase surplus M2 ball.

Fair warning. Once you obtain one M1 Garand, you might catch Garanditis and end up with a second before you know it. Then you catch the companion malady know as M1 Carbineitis at which point your wallet and bank account are pronounced dead.
Last edited by John_in_Longview on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.