SHOT 2016 Discussion

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
JAG2955

SHOT 2016 Discussion

Post by JAG2955 »

So here we'll discuss new products released at SHOT show.

I can't find the announcement, but I did find a pic on another forum that will make a certain moderator set up another mortgage on his house:
Nighthawk Hi Power

I know it wasn't released at SHOT, but the Ruger Precision Rifle has been getting lots of attention. My BIL(IL), a former Marine Scout Sniper bought one and is in love.

I haven't seen much "WOW" this year. Not much is new in firearms, ITS Tactical had some neat pictures of some new, stretchable Gore-Tex fabrics, which is really cool.
JAG2955

Re: SHOT 2016 Discussion

Post by JAG2955 »

Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The gun's rollmark says "Browning Arms Co. Morgan Utah and Montreal"???
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

That's a sexy looking hi-power! A Glock 19 is my next gun for sure, but one day I'll have to own a HP as a fun gun....
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

It did look like a really nice, albeit unaffordable, Hi-power.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
randy

Post by randy »

JAG2955 wrote:I can't find the announcement, but I did find a pic on another forum that will make a certain moderator set up another mortgage on his house:
Nighthawk Hi Power
Hey! I resemble that remark! :D And CINCHOUSE will not approve another loan from the house. :cry:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Phuc Long's show coverage has been pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd326V ... 8_w/videos
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

randy wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:I can't find the announcement, but I did find a pic on another forum that will make a certain moderator set up another mortgage on his house:
Nighthawk Hi Power
Hey! I resemble that remark! :D And CINCHOUSE will not approve another loan from the house. :cry:
The gunsmith at the local gunshop is a serious BHP guy. He refurbishes them from the bare frames up. The results are somewhat like the Nighthawk offering, perhaps nicer, personally customizable, and I think rather cheaper. Someday I am going to treat my spare BHP to a makeover from him.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Netpackrat wrote:Phuc Long's show coverage has been pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd326V ... 8_w/videos
I've been enjoying the frequent updates on the NSSF YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNSSF/videos
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Am I the only one that thinks the stippling looks kinda ugly? Nice looking HP otherwise.