Women carrying in Texas after Jan 1

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rod

Women carrying in Texas after Jan 1

Post by Rod »

Okay, Texas has open carry starting Jan1 IF you have a concealed carry license. The open carry law is very specific in that you must carry in a holster attached to your belt or in a shoulder holster. I'm pretty sure that this is (watch me now) discriminatory since women usually don't dress in clothes that either support a belt and holster nor are their clothing styles conducive to a shoulder holster. Opinions? And I know you're not a bunch of bottom feeders so what you say is taken with a grain or two of salt.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
BDK

Re: Women carrying in Texas after Jan 1

Post by BDK »

BDK

Post by BDK »

PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I don't know so much about that. Here's three Texicans open carrying in the fine Texas tradition.

From left to right, that's Plain Jane in the hat, Short Stop in the middle, and Texas Rose on the right. Each of those gals is very comfortable in a belt/holster rig. And, they're fast with those revolvers. Very fast.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

And, here's two Louisiana gals carying openly in that same tradition. On the left is my lady, Blue-Eyed Belle, and on the right is my little sister. Shooting in the backyard.

Carrying openly doesn't stress the wardrobe nearly like carrying concealed.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Keep in mind that they are talking about open carrying, not concealed.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

The Longview (Texas) Police department held seminars last week about open carry. The officer who gave the presentation stated that thigh holsters for open carry were not specified by the law. Someone asked about holsters which sat way down on the thigh, but were attached by a loop to your belt. "I wouldn't want to be the legal test case for that type of carry", was his reply. :lol:
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

The law and hubbub about it are ridiculous. John, your sheriff's statement proves that. With the number of open carry states, where *almost* nothing extraordinary happens, I would expect that the police and media would not be making such a fuss...and yet here we are.

I'm more excited about the 30.06 violation dropping down to a C class misdemeanor.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

If you want to open carry, yo uwear appropriate equipment.
Rod

Post by Rod »

JAG2955 wrote:The law and hubbub about it are ridiculous. John, your sheriff's statement proves that. With the number of open carry states, where *almost* nothing extraordinary happens, I would expect that the police and media would not be making such a fuss...and yet here we are.

I'm more excited about the 30.06 violation dropping down to a C class misdemeanor.
Yeah but you have to realize we have had an influx of furriners from places like California. We've also been without open carry for so long that people forgot about it. I'm expecting a pretty quiet time except for the whiney bitchbabies and the police will slap them down. Houston PD has already said if someone tries to SWAT a person legally open carrying, the SWATter is going to be in deep shit. Personally, I look on this as a matter of not caring if it's seen though I'll make NO effort to open carry. Done it a few times in Arizona and got really paranoid.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist