Target Sources

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Target Sources

Postby randy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:14 pm

OK, Starting a Sticky Thread with online (and other) sources for targets. (Practice, that is. Please refrain from posting locations of Islamo-facists, politician speaking schedules and leftist protest rallies :twisted: )

This is being merged with the Printable sight in target for M-4/MERGED Mil silhouette Tgts thread. I'm quoting relevant posts from that thread rather than an actual merge so this introductory post is the first one listed.

This inelegant solution is a result of my limited skills and not a commentary on anything at the other thread.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

randy

Re: Target Sources

Postby randy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:14 pm

toad wrote:I realize this is an old topic but we might have some newbies looking in.
http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/doc/targets/m4-carbine-zero.pdf
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

randy

Postby randy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:15 pm

toad wrote:http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/doc/targets/silhouettes.pdf
These targets are for a 25 meter range, they duplicate the size of the military target at various ranges.
I have to fight off a tendency to use a target shooter's 6 O'clock hold. I'd like to experiment with the best place to hold a red dot on these.
I'd like to have the top of the red dot be the on spot.

randy

Postby randy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Netpackrat wrote:Here's an old favorite of mine.

randy

Postby randy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Netpackrat wrote:Image

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 am

I get some fun targets from here: http://go.stagarms.com/printable-targets

You have to sign up for them, name and email, but the worst you get is spam for some neat guns. And just about everything Stag makes comes in a right-and-left hand version, which I think is pretty cool.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

rightisright
Active Shooter

Postby rightisright » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:01 am

Am I the only one that finds it a PITA to dial in a red dot at 25 yards?

#astigmatism

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:26 am

No, that's why I don't do the red dot thing. That, and the fact that I have a rifle that will group sub-MOA, and my aiming device has a 4-MOA dot. Just not seeing the logic there.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Denis
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Denis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:22 am

First Shirt wrote:No, that's why I don't do the red dot thing. That, and the fact that I have a rifle that will group sub-MOA, and my aiming device has a 4-MOA dot. Just not seeing the logic there.

Horses for courses - if they suit your eyes, the red dots are good for rapid target acquisition at short range. I have a tiny Docter 3.5moa dot sight on my express rifle, sighted-in at 60m, and it works like a charm on running deer and boar - like shooting clays with a shotgun. I wouldn't choose either that rifle or that sight for long precision shots, though...

Mike OTDP
On a list somewhere

Postby Mike OTDP » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:47 pm

I get most of my practice targets from either Champion's Choice or Pilkington Competition. North-South Skirmish Association targets I get directly from them.

oilcrash
Case Shiner

Postby oilcrash » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:00 pm

rightisright wrote:Am I the only one that finds it a PITA to dial in a red dot at 25 yards?

#astigmatism

EDITED: My stupid reply out of this post, as I missed the astigmatism part.

I would also like to mention AR and AK printable zeroing targets at Arma-Dynamics.

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 pm

These are the two targets I use the most:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KKER0Y

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-FBI--Inc ... 0000C51QF/

Looks like Amazon doesn't have the Q targets with free shipping anymore, at least not in the brand I bought.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:17 pm

I've posted links before about download able targets, anybody feel like reposting them?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Weetabix
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Weetabix » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 pm

I don't know if I'm duplicating links, but I'm too lazy to check:

http://makarov.com/funstuff.html - I mostly use the first one

http://www.varminthunters.com/targets/ - I think I shot a postal match once with the groundhog.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9833.0 - some Appleseed links
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

McClarkus
Loose Cannon

Postby McClarkus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:48 am

A roll of white butcher paper = lifetime supply. Spray adhesive or wallpaper paste will stick them to cardboard if you use target frames. Just follow subsequent shots towards that first bullet hole. A black hole in a black background is difficult for me to see now, so black holes on a white sheet of paper works for me. 'sides, it's cheap like me...... Break out the black magic marker if you want to upgrade with a few hand drawn bulls eyes or exe's..... Life need not be overly complicated.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.

Windy Wilson
Active Shooter

Postby Windy Wilson » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:01 am

I got a bunch of the AQT targets from Fredsm14stocks about ten years ago, and I still have a bunch.

I used to know where to buy the Swiss A5, A10 and B4 targets, but my Google-fu is squirrelly and I can't find them now. :oops:

I should get a batch of the pistol target NPR linked to, and give them to the local pistol range. I asked for one that had the different messages in each of the pie wedges and the clerk said that was all BS.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy

Return to “Guns and Shooting”