US Army "Shooter's Corner.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
toad

US Army "Shooter's Corner.

Post by toad »

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... klnueKHBX8

Hat/Tip to Firearms Blog.
I find it interesting that the sling isn't used for shooting. Apparently the sling is just used when you have to use two hands for something.
Trigger pull is emphasized as smooth. No surprise breaks. Support hand is placed as far out as possible.
Heh, rack grade triggers average 9 pounds, it takes more effort to pull the trigger than to pick up the carbine.
Anyway interesting.
Vonz90

Re: US Army "Shooter's Corner.

Post by Vonz90 »

toad wrote:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... klnueKHBX8

Hat/Tip to Firearms Blog.
I find it interesting that the sling isn't used for shooting. Apparently the sling is just used when you have to use two hands for something.
Trigger pull is emphasized as smooth. No surprise breaks. Support hand is placed as far out as possible.
Heh, rack grade triggers average 9 pounds, it takes more effort to pull the trigger than to pick up the carbine.
Anyway interesting.
Did not watch the video, but I would like to mention that I found level of marksmanship instruction by the Army when I went through Ft Jackson on the way to A-stan to be very poor. I found it particularly odd that they did not teach a hasty sling for kneeling/standing shooting (and discourage when I showed others how to do so). I had other peeves too but too long to get into, but if you did not know how to shoot before you got there, they were not going to help you much.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Simplified instruction for better application en-masse. Not bad overall, but not quite the instructional movies they had for the Garand
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

toad wrote:[url]
**Blood pressure spiking...hair shortening...beard retracting...knife hand extending...**

USE YOUR DAMN SLING BEFORE I CHOKE YOU OUT WITH IT!
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

If I use a sling on an AR-15/M-16 properly (like I would with an M-1) I can pull the rounds 4-6 mils off target. Without a free-float tube, the AR is a crappy design for proper slinged upmarksmanship.
toad

Post by toad »

I did notice the use of Natural Point of Aim was emphasized.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

I want to come back to this thread when I'm home from my business trip- the hotel WIFI doesn't have the bandwith for videos.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

NVGdude wrote:If I use a sling on an AR-15/M-16 properly (like I would with an M-1) I can pull the rounds 4-6 mils off target. Without a free-float tube, the AR is a crappy design for proper slinged upmarksmanship.
It's why I have the free-float tube on my FUDD-15 future deer gun. Next on the list is a decent scope, then the wood furniture... if I can hollow out the wooden handguards without making them too fragile.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds