Mossberg RIFLES

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

Re: Mossberg RIFLES

Post by Darrell »

Pay attention if you look at the Henrys--some of their base versions have plastic parts.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Odahi wrote:The Rimfire Central forum will suck away all your time and money. They like 10/22's, CZ's, Anschutz, and many vintage target rimfires there. They also have competitions, a classifieds section, and other various sub-fora (forums?). There is a quarter-inch club, at 50 yards. Not bad shooting for a projectile that's .22" LOTS of good advice, nice folks, and "teh gun pron" is killer. 8-)
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/
Thanks! Basically, I'm looking for two .22s. I want a boltie (priority) and a semi. The boltie is a must, but I will buy the second if someone will cut me a deal for the pair under $400. $350 or under would be even better.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I'd say to look at the Rugers--base 10/22, and the American bolt action rimfire. Might want to raise your budget just a bit.

If not that, then the Savages, they have a great reputation. Once upon a time I'd have recommended the CZs, but they're not cheap, and I've heard the 455s aren't as good out of the box as the 452s.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

skb12172 wrote:
Odahi wrote:The Rimfire Central forum will suck away all your time and money. They like 10/22's, CZ's, Anschutz, and many vintage target rimfires there. They also have competitions, a classifieds section, and other various sub-fora (forums?). There is a quarter-inch club, at 50 yards. Not bad shooting for a projectile that's .22" LOTS of good advice, nice folks, and "teh gun pron" is killer. 8-)
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/
Thanks! Basically, I'm looking for two .22s. I want a boltie (priority) and a semi. The boltie is a must, but I will buy the second if someone will cut me a deal for the pair under $400. $350 or under would be even better.
Local MoD has a synth. stock 10/22 on sale for $189. You can find Savage MKIIs all over the place for less than 2 bills. I have several of the Savage rimfires in three calibers. Great guns for the money.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Any decent pawn shop should be able to hook you up for a lot less than $350. I think I paid $60 for the last .22 I bought in a pawn shop (Marlin Model 60), but I could have had my pick of the litter for $100.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I picked up a pair of BNIB Savage Mk II youth models this summer, for a grand total of $410. Of that, $25 was S&H, and $25 was dealer's transfer fee. The only difference between the youth model and the adult version is the length, and the adult stock is nicer (got a little monte carlo, and some pressed checkering). Otherwise, they are pretty much low-budget lasers.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Jered

Post by Jered »

Yogimus wrote:Henry 22 lever
That was the first rifle that I ever bought.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Yogimus wrote:Henry 22 lever
This. 1000 times, this. Henry golden boy is probably my favorite rifle overall.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"