Honor Defense

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
First Shirt

Honor Defense

Post by First Shirt »

Has anybody heard of this outfit? Out of Gainesville, GA, they are marketing a 9mm handgun, directed to the CCW crowd. Looks like a great idea, and the price point is damned good!

http://www.honordefense.com/

Ya'll are gonna keep going until I wind up with a 9mm carry gun, aren't you??
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
skb12172

Re: Honor Defense

Post by skb12172 »

If you are in the market. I heartily recommend the SCCY model CX-2.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

First Shirt wrote:Ya'll are gonna keep going until I wind up with a 9mm carry gun, aren't you??
Nobody cares what you carry, and I myself am not a fan of the cartridge, but...... 9mm ammo has gotten a lot better over the past decade, and a lot of people like them, and some folks that I trust really like the cartridge.

And, my son likes his Kahr CW9. Likes it a lot. And, Glock just came out with a new slim 9mm, they call it the 43.

Some say that the '80s was the decade of the WonderNine. While that's true, many of us believe hat this may be the decade of the pocket WonderNine. There are lots out there to choose from and more coming out monthly.

Edit to add: All that being said, there's a write-up on the Honor Defense 9mm at Guns America. With video.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
BDK

Post by BDK »

Yeah... I've been resisting a Gen 4 G19 since it came out, but I'll loose that fight tomorrow...

Not a big fan of the caliber, and think Tupperware is a hateful thing, but I can get the sights I like, and a green laser for it, so my only challenge is the holster...

I really wanted a laser, and my 1911s are heavy, and harder to use left handed...

Not a huge fan of a 9MM, but that G19 is almost the same size and weight as my G36/is the same as a G30 - can't seem to get a good grip on a G30, and I can't seem to get a laser for my G36.

(Living in downtown urban areas seems to involve regular arguments with street trash. Never lived in an urban area w a "soft" police Dept before. Every other one seemed very eager to make life as intolerable as possible for the hoodlums.)
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Dear any gun manufacturer ever

After you finish designing your carry piece, have someone make a custom holster.

Love, everyone
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Yogimus wrote:Dear any gun manufacturer ever

After you finish designing your carry piece, have someone make a custom holster.

Love, everyone
AAAAYYYYYMEEEEENNNNNNNuuuu
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Or find a custom holster maker who has a rubber model of the gun in question, and have him do it.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
BDK

Post by BDK »

You'd be amazed how hard it is to get a holster mold for some guns.

I tried to buy one for my STI, so I could send it to holster makers and never could get it pulled off.
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

First Shirt wrote:Or find a custom holster maker who has a rubber model of the gun in question, and have him do it.
Or live within striking distance of a holster maker who can do one using your gun, while you wait.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!