Your most disappointing gun purchase?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
BDK

Re: Your most disappointing gun purchase?

Post by BDK »

Para SSP 38 Super. No one could get it to work. Sent it to Para twice, they said "it works fine", but refused to tell me what Ammo they used to test it...

Interesting designs, but staffed w lying %^*%%^

Kimber Custom shop pro covert II

The Kinber was able to be made into a decent gun after a custom builder gutted it - said it was completely mistimed.

Cost a grand, but the opinion of Kimber's CS was poor - and Kimber wanted it to have 500 rounds shot through it first, and it wouldn't feed 2 rounds, consecutively...
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

FEG SMC 918. I was on a 9x18 kick for a while. It was a pretty pistol, and it shot OK, but it didn't really feel right in anybody's hand. Sold it for what I had in it, so I came out OK.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I'll add another...a Norton TP70. Finger-pinching piece. And I really ought to let that Sistema Colt go. Not that it's a bad gun, just not what I want.
Archelgray18

Post by Archelgray18 »

Never had any personal bad experiences with any gun make or model. That may be because I stick to major makes and generally well thought of models within those makes.
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

My first few guns were muzzleloaders; the one that gave me trouble was the Walker Colt replica. It was an EMF factory-second and would drop the loading lever after each shot. It just didn't look right with a rubber-band on the barrel,....

Of cartridge guns, the CZ-52 is awkward in the hand but reliable with surplus 7.62X25. It's stored away in a SHTF cache.
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Remington 597. You're not buying a rifle as much as a kit for a rifle that may one day properly feed a bullet from the magazine
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Dinochrome One wrote:My first few guns were muzzleloaders; the one that gave me trouble was the Walker Colt replica. It was an EMF factory-second and would drop the loading lever after each shot. It just didn't look right with a rubber-band on the barrel,....
Every Walker repro I've ever seen did that. Maybe that's why the First Model Dragoon had a latch for it? :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Guncrazy

Post by Guncrazy »

Taurus PT-111. First generation. Extractor broke within the first 50 rounds. Sent it for repair, and when I got it back, the ejector broke within the next 50. Sent it for repair, and sold it ASAP.

Much later, I also purchased two Taurus Trackers in .22. Both of them had a problem with the cylinders "sticking", making it impossible to pull the triggers in double-action, and difficult to cock for single-action shots. Taurus repaired those, as well, and they worked fine when they got back, but they're far from my favorite guns, and haven't been shot in years.
Jirover

Post by Jirover »

My DCM M1 Garand. Sprayed bullets all over the target even after a new barrel
and a first class glass bedding.

Last edited by Jirover on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Remington 597. Had the gen 1 magazines. Fuck every inch of that piece of turd.