Mouseguns

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Netpackrat

Re: Mouseguns

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:Maybe it's you that they don't like. ;)
That's entirely possible.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

I carry a Tomcat when I can't carry a gun. I've shot a decent range of mouseguns, and it is easily the most comfortable in its size, for me. I went with .32 because I already had a Colt 1903. I know the ballistics are a bit worse than .380, but I really don't feel too undergunned with it. It fills an important niche in my arsenal, and I have no doubt that if I called upon it, it would perform as needed.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Seecamp LWS32. Small, hits hard for the size. I've got a Rohrbaugh R9, but the recoil makes follow-up shots impossible.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

JAG2955 wrote:And a S&W M&P340 is my constant companion in the summer. Even in a front pocket with my gigantic thighs, you have to know what a pocket holster looks like to know what it is. You are using a pocket holster, right?
I have a pocket holster but I've never been comfortable with it. I feel like it prints the worst that way....the shape it makes in my pockets just seems to scream "GUN!". Also it's tough to draw for me. I'm typically in jeans or relatively lightweight hiking pants. None of them have especially large pocket openings. Usually I'm carrying IWB at about 4:00.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

There's a case for carrying two mouseguns with different carry systems.
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

P3AT if it has to be pocket carry

PM9 if ankle or appendix will do
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
evan price

Post by evan price »

I've got a Beretta Jetfire (single action) and a Beretta Bobcat (double action) both in 25acp. I don't carry them. I have several Keltec PF9s that are not much heavier or harder to conceal, and gave a more reasonable caliber.
But what I carry most is an NAA Mini-Magnum in 22wmr.
That's a mousegun. And the high performance Speer and Hornady ammo makes it useful.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

I liked my Kel-Tec P32 when I had it (it was one of the ones that got sold to cover my eye operations last year). That, the P3AT, or the LCP would all be good choices. Like Lokidude, I lean toward .32 because I already have a Colt 1903 (and a .32 ACP-.303 Brit chamber adapter). There really isn't much difference at self-defense distances, and most .32s will carry one more round than the equivalent .380.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
toad

Post by toad »

I read that Gold Dot and Buffalo make .32 acp ammo that improves the performance over .32 FMJ rounds considerably. Does anybody have any experience with the hollow points now available? :?:
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

toad wrote:I read that Gold Dot and Buffalo make .32 acp ammo that improves the performance over .32 FMJ rounds considerably. Does anybody have any experience with the hollow points now available? :?:
Don't know about the hollowpoints, but I do like Buffalo Bore's 75 grain hard cast flat point. No expansion, but it penetrates very well, and the flat point should do more damage than an FMJ. It shot well out of my 1903 and my P32.

Edit to add link.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives