Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Steamforger

Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by Steamforger »

No pic of a rifle handy at the moment, but here's the nearly finished result of my recent 1911 frame and slide project.

The frame and slide are PSA. Guts are all Wilson with few exceptions. In hindsight I won't be doing this again because the quality on a few pieces was sometimes iffy and the price was high. I sent back a hammer that had either been ground far too deep on one side that it entirely removed the chamfer or was never able to be chamfered in the first place. I got a beaver tail safety from them that required a lot of reshaping. Then I ended up saving it for another build. The barrel and bushing were a Storm Lake "drop in" and it did exactly that. Hammer and trigger are from Fusion. I like their parts, they will deliver to a PO Box and the price is generally better than Wilson. I see me using a good bit of their stuff from here on out.

The GI grip safety, and mainspring housing required a good bit of fitting where they intersect. Barrel required no fitting and gauges beautifully. The bushing required a bit of work around the lug. Slide lock required a minor fitting. The thumb safety looked like it would be a machined from barstock bitch, so I stepped back, took a deep breath and watched a few more videos to determine exactly what needed to be done. A few quick passes with a file on the 10-8 Armorers Block and it went together absolutely perfectly. Couldn't be happier. Wilson disconnector and sear fitted perfectly with the Fusion wide spur hammer. I'm happy enough with the trigger action that I won't be stoning anything. Love the trigger, all three safeties work as advertised and it seems to chamber a .45 ACP JHP with no problems. Racking the slide by hands results in a weak extraction, so I may have to tune the extractor. Still fitting the front sight with is both way oversized and hardened.

Can't wait to try it out. 8-)
randy

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by randy »

In the spirit of this thread, and given we got a pistol post there (that is now over here) I hereby declare the Pistol Picture Thread open!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Let's make sure the wheelguns are represented. Starting with a pair of S&W 22's.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

A somewhat more low-brow .22 revolver:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

Here's mine.
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Nice. I'm a big fan of High Standard .22 pistols.

Czech Canceler:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

The Boss and I are kinda fans of Ruger revolvers.
revolvers (1024x576).jpg
The top row is her collection of .357s; a stainless GP-100, and blued 4-and-6-inch Security-Sixes.

Bottom row is two Bisley Vaqueros in .45 Colt, a birdshead Vaquero, also in .45 Colt, a Bisley Blackhawk in .41 Magnum, and a Bisley Single-Six.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Just Single Actions, just .45 Colt, all barrels 4.75 or 4.62. Surprisingly, I have no standard ammo for these revolvers, as these are out fast-draw revolvers and I don't want any mistake about ammo. All of these guns shoot wax bullet ammo only.

Clockwise from top. Traditions (Pietta) Liberty Edition, Ruger New Vaquero, Ruger New Vaquero, Uberti Hombre, and Uberti 1873 Cattleman.

Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Almost forgot one! A seven-shot Rossi Ladysmith, .22LR.

My grandmother carried this little pistol in her purse, or her apron pocket as far back as I can remember. At night, it went in it's case on the nightstand. Don't know if she ever shot it or not, but she always had it with her.

Don't think I've ever seen another one.
Grandma's gun (1024x576).jpg
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
evan price

Post by evan price »

S&W Model 66, no dash, 2.5", with a set of custom Thailand grips. Such a great revolver!
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!