Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Steamforger

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by Steamforger »

Finished this one today.

Aero M4E1 Upper, 10.5" barrel, standard gas block front sight, 7" M-Lok handguard. Added the PA Micro Dot, though I'm not sure it will stay. That LMT rear fixed sight might be bound for this one.

Lower is an Aero Gen II. Parts are mostly Anderson and PSA. The safety gave me fits, but I finally found a good combo of lever/detent/grease that worked well.

I don't like that the SB SOB brace won't fit flush with the backplate. I should have paid more attention to the fit in pics before ordering. It'll stay for now... It just friction fits. Kind of easy on, easy off.

I also put a Troy Claymore Brake in place of the A2.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

px002.jpg
px001.jpg
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
randy

Post by randy »

Secure in the knowledge that Darlin' daughter doesn't lurk here (I Hope :? ), picked up her CCW piece for when she turns 21 in a few months.
Glock26.jpg
Gen 3 Glock 26. Cabela's had a sale going (probably because of the Gen 4's coming into stock). She's handled and fired many types over the years and other than the Hi Power (THEY"RE ALL MINE! MINE! MINE YOU HEAR?) this is the one that fit her the best and the one she liked the best. Most recently we spent an afternoon at a range where you pay one fee and can swap rental pistols at will. So she tried in quick succession my 17, and the rental 19, 26 and 43, and picked the 26.

Sticking with Glocks to start with as it's a platform she's used to and I know pretty well. Plus she can use one of my 17 mags as a second carry mag if needed.

She can branch out to other brands/types on her own dime later.

She doesn't know about it yet. Intend to present it to her just before her CCW course in December, and of course I can't "give" it to her until her birthday.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Nice! Very nice, indeed! Wish I'd thought about the rental range before I started The Minions on 1911s.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'd been looking for a Cougar 8000 (Full size 9mm) for some time. The last one I got a lead on I ended up missing by less than an hour. I didn't really want to go for the Stoeger and had been researching the PX4 for a little bit. AIM had a bunch of LEO trade ins show up on their website last Friday described as "Excellent+". for $329. It also came with extra backstraps, and a 17 rnd mag.

Why not.

It turns out Excellent+ means brand new, unissued, still in Beretta's protective coating and has factory tags in Italian still attached. Oh, and Trijicon night sights. the night sights are a touch on the weak side, but still visibly glow.

Color me pleased. I picked up a few boxes of different brand 124 grn and am going to give a go this afternoon.

This is the 2nd LEO trade in I've bought from AIM and I have to say I've been extremely pleased each time.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Stories like that kinda make you feel warm inside. 8-)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

I have a Beretta Cougar. It's a good pistol.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Twinsies!
twins.jpg
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

'cause a man's gotta eat.
P2181853.JPG
P2181854.JPG
Blogspot
picsig
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Yup - Cool on the beer, the gun, and whatever that brown thing is on the plate. Mom tried to get me to eat Brussels sprouts and she put a hell of a lot of effort into it. Unsuccessfully. They are best served with a fork and a pair of shoes. One can then roll them off the edge of the table into said shoes, whereupon they can be surreptitiously transferred to the bathroom for an appropriate flushing. Take the flavor of an entire head of cabbage, condense it down into one nasty little bite and there you go........... GAG!
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.