Unintended Consequences

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Aesop

Unintended Consequences

Post by Aesop »

The jackholes in Sacramento thought they were banning "assault" weapons in 1989.
They created a by-name roster.
Once people found out an AR-15 and AK-47 were verbotten, it took receiver manufacturers about 10 seconds to release the AR-16, -17, etc. and AK-48, which were totally exempt from the law as written.
Then the legislatholes came up with the "evil features" criteria.
Once someone came up with the "bullet button" for every magazine-fed weapon, sales skyrocketed hereabouts (which causes DiFi and her cronies to wail and gnash their teeth, and flavors my daily drink with a healthy dose of "fuckthemandthehorsetheyrodeinon").
A few years back, they banned .50 calibers in CA - or so I thought.
It turns out that they banned .50BMG rifles.
Which means I can't buy one of these:
unless I bought it in the oddball, though ballistically identical/superior Barrett .416.
But because they only banned shoulder-stocked rifles, a much better plan has come to light.
I can buy one of these
In .50BMG.
Exactly as God, and John Moses Browning - but I repeat myself - originally intended.
Semi-auto only, and I can only put 10-round belts into it, lest we run afoul of the high-capacity restrictions.
I'm figuring anything worth effing up should succumb to 10 rounds of .50BMG.
And there's no limit on how many 10-round belts you can have. 8-)

If you hear a thud, hopefully it will either be me at the range once I get my hands on one of these (they run about $9K), or else it'll be DiFi hitting the ground when she has a stroke (hear me, God) at the knowledge that another would-be ban is a paper tiger.

Fucktards lose again. :lol:

My long-term plan is to get four of them, and restore one of these
With the obligatory Get Off My Lawn! sign, of course. ;)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
toad

Re: Unintended Consequences

Post by toad »

My brother was out in California during the Watts riots. The finally sent the National Guard in and sumdude fired at them using an automobile as cover. Unfortunately for sumdude he drew the attention of a Quad .50. My brother said the car looked a lot like a colander from both sides.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Man, all I wanted was a Jeep with a 106mm recoilless on it. A quad .50 just looks fun.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

toad wrote:My brother was out in California during the Watts riots. The finally sent the National Guard in and sumdude fired at them using an automobile as cover. Unfortunately for sumdude he drew the attention of a Quad .50. My brother said the car looked a lot like a colander from both sides.
Now they wouldn't bother to give the NG live ammo.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

SoupOrMan wrote:Man, all I wanted was a Jeep with a 106mm recoilless on it. A quad .50 just looks fun.
There's a reason they're nickneamed "meatchopper" :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

What's California's stance on destructive devices?

I'm just thinking, y'know, a semi-auto M2 on top of an M4, complimented by semi-auto M1919s and a single-shot cannon might be the correct level of strength behind the message that follows.
toad

Post by toad »

I blame getting my flu and pneumonia vaccine shots in the same arm because I was too fat to turn around in the little both they had set up in the Wally World pharmacy. Just a tad woozy here.
I want the M60E6 in semi-auto and I want it possibly in 6.5 Creedmore.
http://www.usord.com/weapons/m60e6
Then I want their Mk19 mod in 37 mm semi-auto. A tear gas round into a vehicle makes for excitement.
I also want a lathe so I can make "special" rounds for it.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Loopholes are evidence that someone has better reading comprehension than all those legislators.
Love it.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Isn't that one of Newton's Laws? For every law, there is an equal and opposite loophole.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom