Colt SP1

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Flintlock Tom

Colt SP1

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Okay, walked into a gun-shop in Klamath Falls, OR and found a Vietnam era Colt SP1 lower receiver with an A2 but-stock. Bought it on sight. Now I'm waiting for government approval to take it home.
Any info I should know or details I should look for?

I'm thinkin' an A1 upper to go with.

What y'all think?
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
PawPaw

Re: Colt SP1

Post by PawPaw »

Carried both the A1 and the A2 across 25 years. I like the A2 better, but that's just me. If you're looking for [strike]hysterical[/strike] historiical accuracy, nothing wrong with an A1 upper. I lalways thought that the A2 was a better shooter. The heavy barrel profile was easier for me to shoot.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Flintlock Tom wrote:Okay, walked into a gun-shop in Klamath Falls, OR and found a Vietnam era Colt SP1 lower receiver with an A2 but-stock. Bought it on sight. Now I'm waiting for government approval to take it home.
Any info I should know or details I should look for?

I'm thinkin' an A1 upper to go with.

What y'all think?
A1 upper and an A1 stock. I'm partial to the 604 slick-side upper and a Type D stock.

Let me know if you need parts. I still have a bunch kicking around.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Isn't there a manufacturer specializing in old/rare AR uppers and lowers?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, thats who I'm thinking of.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt