CZ 2075 RAMI & P09

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

CZ 2075 RAMI & P09

Post by Darrell »

I inspected a CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm this morning while at the fun shop, as well as a P09. I've long admired the RAMI, and hadn't seen one in a while--I thought CZ had discontinued them. The only thing I don't like about the gun is the way my pinky hangs off the grip. The gun comes with two 10 rd mags. I know there are 14 rd mags available. There are one or two RAMI owners in the group, aren't there? Care to share your experiences? Have you done anything to make a pinky shelf? Doing a little reading around, I gather some people modify XD extensions to fit the CZ mags. I also looked online, the 14 rd mags have a rather blocky extension on them, and dang, they're expensive.

I also checked out a CZ P09--this is the full size polymer, threaded barrel w/cap, and 19 rd mags. I was told by the guy behind the counter that they'd have to do something about the mag, call it a kit or something, per Colorado's stupid 15 rd limit nowadays. Anyway, one dry fire revealed that yes, the P09 has the Omega trigger. I have a 75B Omega, one of the originals, it's lighter and a bit squishier than a regular 75 trigger, but not bad at all. The trigger on the P09 has a looong take up in single action, and dang, talk about squishy... the DA pull on the gun ain't bad, but the SA pull really threw me.
Eppur si muove--Galileo