Glock blue label

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
TheArmsman

Glock blue label

Post by TheArmsman »

http://www.tropgun.com/trop-response-to ... rmination/

I did not think anybody but the ATF had access to 4473's without a court order.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Netpackrat

Re: Glock blue label

Post by Netpackrat »

Saw that. Good for them. Be nice if the ATF would get involved and smack Glock down hard, but that's probably too much to ask for.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I commented in the thread on ARFCOM, but I may as well have been speaking to my German Shepherd, for all the good it did. No one here is accusing Trop of any wrongdoing, which I'm glad, but here's my thoughts:

Trop is NOT a fly-by-night kind of gunshop. It's NOT small, either. You show up, if there's a line to speak to a clerk (there usually is), you can sign in, and they'll call your name to come up to the counter. The employees wear polo shirts or button downs with the Trop logo. No gunshop commandos, no BO problems, nothing. They're a top-notch outfit, and this is coming from a guy who tried to buy a suppressor there that got stuck in problem status for a year.

There is NO reason for a gun shop the size of Trop to try to save a few bucks by selling Blue Labels to non-qualified buyers. The juice definitely is not worth the squeeze on that one.

It sounds to me like the Glock rep either overstepped his bounds or decided to try to pull some shenanigans. I hope that Glock gets its pee pee whacked hard, as there's scuttlebutt that they like to throw their weight around like this.

And of course, the legal arguments here. Click me.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I did not think anybody but the ATF had access to 4473's without a court order.
Glock certainly does not. Rusty chainsaw, sideways. For a number of other things as well.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Fuck Glock. Just another reason not to buy their products.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JAE

Post by JAE »

"Ihre papieren bitte"

Just some friendly Austrian demanding to see that your papers are in order; what could go wrong...?
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Here is the difference:

Glock asks, you can say no.
ATF asks, not so much.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

It's a shame. I really wanted a G19 one of these days. Maybe I ought to give the M&P some thought instead. I wasn't enamored with my SD9 though...
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

If you absolutely have to have one, buy used. That way, you aren't giving Glock any more money.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Denis

Post by Denis »

skb12172 wrote:If you absolutely have to have one, buy used. That way, you aren't giving Glock any more money.
I bought a second-hand G19 last week for the gun club, for a song, with the club's money (no way I'd spend my own money on a Glock...). It was a little-used police trade-in, and looked like new. It must have been little used, since the springs in both magazines were in upside-down, and it wouldn't feed a single round. I strongly suspect it was bought new, tested once, disassembled once, mis-assembled once and put away in a drawer.

Three cheers for police weapon maintenance skills!