Interesting!!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rich

Interesting!!

Post by Rich »

A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Aesop

Re: Interesting!!

Post by Aesop »

And the stake is driven a little deeper into the BATFE's tiny vampire heart.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

"Under current law, there are no federal restrictions on making a gun for personal use - so long as it is under the parameters of both the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act."

:roll:

The author of the article is an idiot. Or should I say, a Reporter. But I repeat myself...
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
evan price

Post by evan price »

Dub_James wrote:"Under current law, there are no federal restrictions on making a gun for personal use - so long as it is under the parameters of both the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act."

The author of the article is an idiot. Or should I say, a Reporter. But I repeat myself...
How is the reporter wrong? He is technically correct...which is the best kind of correct.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

evan price wrote:
Dub_James wrote:"Under current law, there are no federal restrictions on making a gun for personal use - so long as it is under the parameters of both the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act."

How is the reporter wrong? He is technically correct...which is the best kind of correct.
If there are no restrictions, then neither the GCA nor the NFA would place any "federal restrictions" on making a gun for personal use - they do.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Like saying "there are no restrictions on robbing a bank except those imposed by penal code."
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Greg

Post by Greg »

Saying 'there are no restrictions, except for these giant flaming restrictions', is retarded.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rich

Post by Rich »

The interesting part is we (that's a collective we) are one step closer to being able to fabricate one time use weapons and all that entails.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Greg

Post by Greg »

Rich wrote:The interesting part is we (that's a collective we) are one step closer to being able to fabricate one time use weapons and all that entails.
The commentary is silly. But more advanced fabrication methods, widely available, cheap and easy to use is ALWAYS a good thing.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The progression to being able to fabricate long-term use weapons at home is inevitable.

Videocameras and NLE software made everyone with an HD camera and a laptop a movie studio.

3D printing is eventually going to make everyone with a decent garage workshop Springfield Armory or Sturm Ruger.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"