Strange Concealed Carry Choices

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

Re: Strange Concealed Carry Choices

Post by Precision »

To make a point to the wife's formerly gun fearing daughter, I carried a G-22, a G-17, a PF-9 and a P3AT all at the same time. I was not super comfortable, but I was able to make it through an entire movie and the drive back and forth to the theater.

On the way out, she demanded to know if I was carrying. I told her yes. She asked where. I told her to figure it out. She was "pretty sure" I had one on my right hip. I just smiled and told her, I would show her when we got home.

We'll say she was SHOCKED. I think it was also the beginning of her realizing the futility of gun free zones. She now actively defends my right to carry.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I've carried a 4 5/8" .45 Colt Ruger Vaquero with birdshead grip in a pancake holster. It wasn't intended as a concealed carry, but it worked pretty well. In fact, in 30+ years of concealed carry, the only time I've ever drawn a firearm for social purposes, it was what I was carrying.

Worked pretty well. Convincing without being noisy about it.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Precision wrote:To make a point to the wife's formerly gun fearing daughter, I carried a G-22, a G-17, a PF-9 and a P3AT all at the same time. I was not super comfortable, but I was able to make it through an entire movie and the drive back and forth to the theater.
I did something like that just to see if my family would notice. I had a Makarov, a PF-9, a PA-63, and something else. As you said - not comfortable. But I have pretty bad knees, so sometimes I walk stiffly anyway.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I carried an M9 concealed in the Middle East on a couple of occasions. Orders were go places in civies and I was not allowed to go anywhere unarmed, so you do what you need to do.

I also used to go to Afghan government ministries carrying a concealed M9 on a regular basis. I kept it in a tight belt holster so my DCU blouse would hang over it. That way, when they would not want me to go in with the M4, I would leave it with my team and still have a piece with me.
martini

Post by martini »

I've carried my GP100 w/ 6" barrel a couple of times. It was a bit heavy, but not too bad.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Used to carry a model 29 6" under my sweaters, in hind sight, bad combination a pain to get to.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Draven

Post by Draven »

An acquaintance in executive protection used to carry an SP89 concealed... under a long coat, but still....
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Pistol-length .458 SOCOM SBR? I'd think that would be a bit much for CCW.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

.44 mag and an AR Pistol for me as a civvy

Military carried at various times an Uzi under a jacket.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.