WEC-SAIGA ...Now with O.S.T.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Netpackrat

Re: WEC-SAIGA ...Now with O.S.T.

Post by Netpackrat »

Called R&R; they are out of bolt carriers at the moment and gearing up to make another run. Said they expect to have them in a month or two.

:(
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

That's very old slang for Heroin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

In other news, my form 1 was approved several weeks ago, but I haven't had much time to do anything about it. Hopefully I can tackle it some time this week.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Now all you need is the side-folding silver inlaid bayonet and the grenade launcher. :geek:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Sweet!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Captain Wheelgun wrote:Now all you need is the side-folding silver inlaid bayonet and the grenade launcher. :geek:
Apex Gun Parts has the surplus VZ-52 bayonets.

JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

That looks fantastic. You absolutely should try to fit a VZ-52 bayonet to it, just because.

What barrel length did you go with?
Denis

Post by Denis »

Netpackrat wrote:Apex Gun Parts has the surplus VZ-52 bayonets.
And for almost what my entire VZ52 cost :-) Go for it, though. It'll set off your evil black rfle just nicely...
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:That looks fantastic. You absolutely should try to fit a VZ-52 bayonet to it, just because.
I thought about it a while ago, but I am not really trying to build an Abomination clone. The one thing I still really want to do is ream and thread the barrel for choke tubes, so the trap loads I use for practice and plinking will have some semblance of a pattern to them. Out of the cylinder bore, they just spread to meaninglessness beyond a few yards. The choke should also help functioning a bit with lighter loads.
What barrel length did you go with?
14 inches. Much shorter than that, and you pretty much have to go with a shortened gas system like Tromix uses. Since that involves welding up the existing gas ports and moving the gas block back (and probably turning the barrel down farther back to allow it), I would just as soon avoid this.