W.E.C.S.O.G. - Mag Compatability 101:group excercise

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Captain Wheelgun

Re: W.E.C.S.O.G. - Mag Compatability 101:group excercise

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Jered wrote:Interestingly enough...

The magazine from an H&R .32 autoloader will fit in a colt 1903. The reverse is not true, however, because the H&R magazine has a hole where the magazine release fits.
Does it feed correctly?
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Jered

Post by Jered »

Captain Wheelgun wrote:

The magazine from an H&R .32 autoloader will fit in a colt 1903. The reverse is not true, however, because the H&R magazine has a hole where the magazine release fits.
Does it feed correctly?
Dunno. I didn't get that far. I'm on assignment in the San Juans, so I'll have to get back to you. A Cruffler was asking me about it, too.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two mags is that there's a hole in the H&R one.

I'll dink with it when I get home, and it might be worth buying a repro colt 1903 mag or two to see if I can get them to work in the H&R.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

workinwifdakids wrote:
Durham68 wrote:The gun shops around here always have old spare mags with no labels on them for dirt cheap. They all look the same and I can never figure out what they belong to. I am always tempted to see if I can get them to run in my hi-power. Good thread idea.
Durham, if you ever run across any Sigma 9mm mags in that heap pick some up for me, would you? If they were $10/ea, I'd buy prolly five more. DubJames might be in for some, too. Not any big deal, just if you ever happen to run into some well-used mags is all. Anyone else here prefer used mags over new? I know I do.

Yup, count me in! I've also used by SD9 mags in the Sigma and vice versa with no issues. Haven't shot them much that way though...
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Necrothread I know but I had to chime in because no one mentioned converting AR15 mags to fit an AR180, not like many people have 180s but it just involves cutting a slot in the opposite side of the mag body from the 15 cutout.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Since it went all necro...

Got a link to either the H&R gun or the mag? If they're affordable, I'd love to buy and try one in my 1903.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Lokidude wrote:

Since it went all necro...

Got a link to either the H&R gun or the mag? If they're affordable, I'd love to buy and try one in my 1903.
If you don't find that one, I've actually had good luck with a Triple K magazine in my 1903. It runs just as well as my original Colt mag.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The Wizard wrote:Necrothread I know but I had to chime in because no one mentioned converting AR15 mags to fit an AR180, not like many people have 180s but it just involves cutting a slot in the opposite side of the mag body from the 15 cutout.
Zombie thread!
Back from the dead!
Run for your lives!

I haven't seen an AR-18 since reruns of Simon & Simon, which even then was ten years after they stopped making them.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Very nice. All I've been able to come across are the crappy "National Magazine" ones. I found originals once or twice, but at $100 each, I wasn't biting.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

According to a post on Facebook on an M&P fandom page (for whatever that's worth...), the CZ P09 magazines will work in a 9mm M&P. They'll lock in, feed, and activate the hold-open.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2250098 ... 618763314/
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Astra A-90 & A-100 magazines are interchangeable, and are reverse compatible with the A-80. A-80 mags lack the notch for the mag catch on the later models.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.